diy solar

diy solar

36v 12s LifePo4 battery with JBD - BMS

AndrewShort

I just got my batteries connected in series with the BMS wired up, have double and triple-checked my wiring, and am confused about how the software is reading the connections. The BMS is reading the proper pack voltage and individual cell voltages, but it is recognizing the connections from 11–19 as 0 volts. I did as the instructions said and shorted 10–19 of the BMS balance leads, and I am not sure what the problem is. at this point, I do not think I can accurately measure the state of charge or anything else except the individual cell voltages of cells 1–10 and 20–21. Any help would be very appreciated.

BMS: JBD-AP21s002 v1.21

The application is for a 36v golf cart. The bus bars are made from thick aluminum flats. The batteries are 40-ah Winston LifePo4 cells. in 12s3p config.

Attachments

• bms post 2.jpg
    bms post 2.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 12
  • bms post.jpg
    bms post.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 11
  • bms post1.jpg
    bms post1.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 11
Around here, we list order of operations on configs... 12S3P would be three parallel batteries, each with their own BMS.

You have 3 in parallel, then in series, or 3P12S.

You have a 12S battery and 12 individual voltages. Based on the shorting of BC10-19, this seems intuitively correct but inconvenient in terms of presentation.

Is the BMS in protection mode?

Is there anything on the other tabs that might be relevant?

Back