diy solar

diy solar

48V 100Ah LiFePO4 - EP48100 $949.00

That's a very good deal. 👌

I'd buy one right now if it were on Amazon or eBay at that price (their buyer protection makes it worth it, even though specifically Amazon. I don't like their business practices necessarily) with no questions asked.

That's a very good deal. 👌

But the cells are only 100Ah. For DIY batteries, you can get 280Ah to 320Ah cells for about $100 from AliExpress

I'd buy one right now if it were on Amazon or eBay at that price (their buyer protection makes it worth it,
even though specifically Amazon. I don't like their business practices necessarily
) with no questions asked.

I just noticed that 'LithiumSolar' released a video showing a similar (size and price) battery, available on Amazon

Vatrer - 51.2V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Solar Battery, Built-In 100A BMS, Max. 5120W Load Power, Bluetooth Version

Amazon store - 51.2V 100AH Lithium LiFePO4 Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, with Touchable Smart Display & Mobile APP

But the cells are only 100Ah. For DIY batteries, you can get 280Ah to 320Ah cells for about $100 from AliExpress

I just noticed that 'LithiumSolar' released a video showing a similar (size and price) battery, available on Amazon
Pretty tempting - that's a nice looking build, and might be pretty good for my needs (I just want a battery that's pretty self-contained, and balances itself). I think I'm in for being a beta-tester!

Sub-$1k server rack batteries - whoo-hoo!!

Edit: Anyone have any OMG NO DON'T DO IT! reactions? Going once... 😂

Last edited:
1x 100AH Premium A-Grade cell In China Bulk Price: $22 USD ea. X16 pcs = 352 USD
1x 100AH A-Grade Cell RETAIL $35 ea, X 16 pcs = $560USD
1x JK-Inverter 100A BMS with Active Balancing & screen Retail $125 USD
1x Case 16S with terminals & extras all in: Wholesale = $75USD (bulk) Retail $200USD
* NB: In this context, Retail & Wholesale is in China (not exported retail price).

352+125+75 = 552 USD wholesale cost (hi side)
+ Carton & Foam packaging ($10) {hi side}
--------------------
LFP Cell prices WILL Continue to drop but should level out by Q3 2024.
BYD, CATL, Lishen, EVE, Gotion and a few others have already announced the 500-600AH LFP Cells being available to Retail by Q3 at the latest, most being available by Mid-Late Q2. This is course impacts smaller cell pricing which is part of the market correction underway.

SPECIAL NOTE: We are seeing some amazing deals pop up and that is all good BUT BEWARE that smaller 3rd party companies are buying up NEW OLD STOCK and using them. Not a problem IF they have been Fully Top Charged & Reactivated. LFP General Spec states that cells stored must be full top charged to reactive the electrolytes if cells have been stored for 6 months.

One person we know, opened up one of these Deal Rackmounts. Everything was as it should have been and very well done. The cells scanned out as produced end of 2018 ! These had been fully top-charged & the person was actually getting 102AH out of the pack. I am NOT free to name the person or product but the product line has been brought up in here several times.

I don't like the fact that the cells are mounted on their side, no excuse for it in a rack mount

I am building a 24V 100ah LiFePO4 and I'm already just over $900 with parts and tools. Looks like a good deal. Let us know how it is.

1x 100AH Premium A-Grade cell In China Bulk Price: $22 USD ea. X16 pcs = 352 USD
1x 100AH A-Grade Cell RETAIL $35 ea, X 16 pcs = $560USD
1x JK-Inverter 100A BMS with Active Balancing & screen Retail $125 USD
1x Case 16S with terminals & extras all in: Wholesale = $75USD (bulk) Retail $200USD
* NB: In this context, Retail & Wholesale is in China (not exported retail price).

352+125+75 = 552 USD wholesale cost (hi side)
+ Carton & Foam packaging ($10) {hi side}
--------------------

Plus wires and tools and other parts. 🔋🛠️:)
Can't beat the free shipping though.

Back