diy solar

diy solar

48v inverter

Well the above will not work with a microwave or anything with a prolonged surge. They had a 3000 watt unit with a transformer that you can set the DC charger to off or lithium battery. Looks exactly like an Aims unit so I'm wondering if they make them for Aims.

This one has a 300% surge rating (Surge Rating: 9000 Watts for 20 Seconds). I got $20 of using this code " AaSGjian20 ".

Anyone have experience with these? Sigineer inverters? They look just like Aims units.

Iirc, they make the aims units...

transformerless means they use banks of mossfets instead of a large transformer, and they have several inductors linked together to get the voltage to line level...
keeps things lighter, and cheaper. I don’t know enough about the differences to know which is better, but so far, all my inverters use big honking transformers...

Theoretically the direct HF inverters are more efficient but don't believe the figures on the brochures, they are usually lies. 90% is the best I've seen. The typical LF big transformer types are often much less efficient, around 70% peak. If you get an expensive properly engineered LF it can reach 90% under full load but will be quite a bit less than that under light load as the losses in the transformer become more significant compared to the actual load.

In terms of surge current, direct HF can provide sustained surge power, if they are properly engineered, but all the stuff people buy aren't so ignore the surge rating. Pretend it's not there as for all intents and purposes it isn't.

LF big transformer units usually have good surge ratings simply because they can utilise that nice big magnetic field as a source of energy to prop the load up until the control circuitry can respond and send more current in.

I got the 3000 watt unit with transformers from Sigineer and it arrived yesterday. Man is it heavy on one end lol. I swear everything looks just like an Aims unit all the way down to the remote display unit. I guess I'm the the official test dummy on this one now LOL.

I decided that I would be better off at not deep discharging the battery to under 40v. In the long run this would be more beneficial for battery and inverter life. After all Nissan has a mode that essentially did just that... limit both the low discharge volts and rate of discharge. So I am limiting the discharge to 40v with my discharge rate also cut down for battery preservation. My BMS allows for a 15 second 120 amp surge but has a 60 amp continuous current limit so I'm essentially mimicking Nissan's eco mode less the regenerative braking LOL. This battery is fully capable to supply over 100 amps but that level of load will diminish long term battery life. I'm never going to see more than about 2000 watt continuous consumption in this application. That works out to be under 50 amps DC load at 40v. So this inverter and battery combination seems like a perfect match when surge for a microwave is accounted for. At $579 with free shipping and no sales tax it was the best deal by far that I could find. That is if it does not end up failing to perform as I need it to.

Time for some load testing to see how it stands up. Do let us know how you go. I have a HF inverter that works fine for me but I'm always keeping an eye out for how various LF inverters perform.

I should say that one big thing on my deciding to go with Signeer is that the the EVTV guys use them. The extent of my testing will be does it work and does it last LOL. I may open it up to see if anything has shifted or needs more clearance though.

Well the inverter is performing very well and far under my expectations for Dc volts consumption

Back