diy solar

diy solar

812 PIP AC Input 10 Amp Breaker.

ShiftLizard

How would one go about installing a 10 amp circuit breaker to the AC input line (or in my case, an extension cord) between grid power and the PIP? I'm just wondering if there is an easier way than wiring a breaker box. Thanks.

The pip812 has a breaker for the ac on the bottom of the unit right next to the entry ports for the ac in/out. Little black push button. I could be mistaken ? but I think it is for the ac. I don't know right off what size it is but it should be listed in the manual.
I decided not to use mine so it’s back in the box “For Sale” as new.

CAUTION!! Before connecting to AC input power source, please install a separate AC breaker between inverter and AC input power source. This will ensure the inverter can be securely disconnected during maintenance and fully protected from over current of AC input. The recommended spec of AC breaker is 10A for 1KVA, 20A for 2KVA, 32A for 3KVA, 40A for 4KVA and 50A for 5KVA.

That is what it says to do before hooking up to grid.

That makes sense if a dedicated hard wire was installed between the MPP and the grid. I was going to build like Wills video and have short line from the MPP ac in to a plug that
can be connected to a power strip with a built in 15amp breaker for protection so unplugging from the power strip for maintenance would disconnect from grid ac.
Not sure then what the breaker on underside of the MPP is protecting then. ?
Probably for the ac out from the inverter?

Last edited:
Back