diy solar

diy solar

A way to determine a Lithium Ion cell capacity (Ah) by it's physical dimensions

Whobaas

I recently bought a 7.2kW Lithium Ion battery pack, but I believe I have been cheated by the supplier.
For one, the battery came without a datasheet or data plate on the battery. Charging current, floating voltage etc.
The only marking is a sticker, that I'm sure was removed from another battery and then stuck on mine before shipment to me.
Why I believe this not to be a 7.2kW battery, is the weight of the battery to start with. My 4.8kW batteries are over 50kg each, and this 7.2kW is only 30kg

I opened the battery to see if I could see any markings or data on any of the cells, but the whole thing is so well sealed, that it's impossible to see the top of the cells without physically breaking things apart.

I did however manage to get the cell dimensions.
There are two packs of 8 cells each. Each pack measures 26.5V (around 3.3V per cell)
Each of the 16 cells (total number of cells) measures 150mm Long, 100mm High and 39mm Wide (South African metric system)
In USA it should be 5.9" Long by 3.937" High by 1.535" Wide

Is there any way possible to determine the cell capacity (100Ah, 120Ah???) by these dimensions?

Thank you

Back