diy solar

diy solar

Anderson amperage ratings seem off

troye

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, as i used the search function and didnt find clarification. I am looking at Anderson clones on Amazon and the ones with 1/0 terminal pins only have a 175 amp rating. Isnt this a huge bottleneck, considering 1/0awg cable is rated for 300 amps on 10 foot and less runs? If i must go with the 350 amp rated clone to avoid this bottleneck, which are all described as having 2/0 pins, does anyone know if these can be crimped on 1/0 cable, or is that too much diameter? Thnx!

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, as i used the search function and didnt find clarification. I am looking at Anderson clones on Amazon and the ones with 1/0 terminal pins only have a 175 amp rating. Isnt this a huge bottleneck, considering 1/0awg cable is rated for 300 amps on 10 foot and less runs? If i must go with the 350 amp rated clone to avoid this bottleneck, which are all described as having 2/0 pins, does anyone know if these can be crimped on 1/0 cable, or is that too much diameter? Thnx!
The 175A is the hot plug rating:

"The plug is rated to handle up to 280 Amps (per UL 1977 Wire to Wire 1/0 AWG Max) and is listed to handle 175A of live current plugging and unplugging while under charge (UL Hot Plug Current Rating). The SB175 is rated up to 600V DC or AC.

Back