diy solar

diy solar

Apexium BMS app

Supermo26

I'm having trouble finding the Apexium BMS app. How do I find it?

Also, Do settings need to be changed from stock configuration for my 280K cells?

PackV is 54.68 and 98.94% full and charging has stopped. Each cell is 3.4~. I was expecting 3.55V per cell. How can I change it in the BMS?

Daisy @ Docan provided a couple of zip files for me via chat (might be worth pinging who you got it from). I ended up going for the easier option and used EN BMS (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.energybms.bms_flutter&pcampaignid=web_share), which appears to be the same and you can change the settings on the BMS. I'm still testing mine out as the capacity wasn't quite right with the cells I've tested, so I manually set it to 300Ah (on the 280Ah cells I've got). I believe that it will sort out the total capacity itself, but I've not done a full charge/discharge test as yet (top balanced the cells before build). You should be able to change the settings to what you're looking for using the app. I hope this helps.

Be VERY careful when using the firmware file on that Google drive, as it is specific for victron
Thanks. I'm not planning on using anything atm as it's working fine. The only thing I'm aiming for is to connect to a Sunsynk in the New Year. I'm hoping it works as the CAN pins line up (according to the manuals) on both the BMS and inverter I'm planning on getting. The protocol via CAN is the unknown piece (seen reference to Pylontech protocol working with Deye).

Thanks. I'm not planning on using anything atm as it's working fine. The only thing I'm aiming for is to connect to a Sunsynk in the New Year. I'm hoping it works as the CAN pins line up (according to the manuals) on both the BMS and inverter I'm planning on getting. The protocol via CAN is the unknown piece (seen reference to Pylontech protocol working with Deye).
What Sunsynk do you have ?

And your seplos will work fine with your Sunsynk..
Got 2* Sunsynk 12k 3 phase and a server rack full of seplos mason's

Planning on the 16kw one providing I can get G99 approval from my DNO. Doesn't look like it's fully approved in the UK as yet though (last time I checked). Then I'm going to scale battery pairs when I can afford new ones. I'm not messing with essential and non-essential, just want full house load through it and add the earth rod for neutral earth bond (contactor switched on grid loss).

Last edited:
Planning on the 16kw one providing I can get G99 approval from my DNO. Doesn't look like it's fully approved in the UK as yet though (last time I checked). Then I'm going to scale battery pairs when I can afford new ones. I'm not messing with essential and non-essential, just want full house load through it and add the earth rod for neutral earth bond (contactor switched on grid loss).
Just be aware that the ah's needed for a 16k well exceeds the limits of 1 case ( it does for my 12k's already)
A single 12k can pull 250a, and a single box can provide max 200a.

Just be aware that the ah's needed for a 16k well exceeds the limits of 1 case ( it does for my 12k's already)
A single 12k can pull 250a, and a single box can provide max 200a.
100%? 2nd one being shipped out now from China so can parallel connect to the terminals on the 16kw version (200A x 2). Then can scale in pairs from then on, up to 16 in total (not going that far though?). Currently testing the first one with cheap off-grid inverter, but need to go on-grid to make the most of these battery boxes + Apexium have worked out cheaper for what essentially is a rebrand, much like Deye and Sunsynk. I can't believe how much cheaper these are over the ready-made kits from other manufacturers. Many 5kWh batteries that match their corresponding inverters are almost as expensive as this 15kWh setup, which is the only way to go for me.

I can't see the battery via Bluetooth when sitting next to it.
Just tried EN BMS but app won't let me login. Huumm?

I wasn't sure where to capture this info for others, but this OP should work as it does relate to the settings of the BMS App and getting BMS to talk to a SRNE hybrid-hyp4850u100 inverter. I had to go through Apexium Support engineer to sort out the connectivity issue I was seeing regardless of what combo's I tried. So here's a post with details to help others.

1. To connect the Apexium BMS to the SRNE Hybrid inverter via communication cable, requires a proper RJ45 cable of a certain pinout. Here's how you can make your own using a standard Cat5, 5e, 6, etc. straight through cable. Carefully open the insulator jacket giving yourself room to clearly see the color markings on the cable. We are looking for Pins 7 & 8. Which on my CAT5e was colored brown for pin 8, and brown-white for pin 7. Cut through (clip apart) all the other cables. The BMS uses these simple two conductors via pins 7&8 to carry the data over RS485 signal to the inverter.
2. Plugging in this modified cable was very specific. Even though my 200A BMS on the Apexium had 3 RJ45 ports, 1:CAN, 2:RS485-1, 3:RS485-2 the BMS to inverter cable had to be connected to CAN, and had to go into my SRNE inverter's RS485-2 port and not the RS485-1 port. This -1 port is used for (optionally) a SRNE WiFi module.
3. Configure the Inverter with appropriate settings and the SRNE manual is good in laying those settings out and I had this right from the start, but kept getting BMS error because I had no idea I needed to do steps 1 & 2 above. For my SRNE inverter settings are as follows:
A. Set menu item 08: (battery chemistry and # of cells) LFP16
B. 32: (Communication mode of dumb or RS485) RS485
C. 33: (Inverter protocol to use) PAC

And oh, if you want to use your computer RS485 adapter with the BMS still while communicating with the Inverter, you must change the BMS Software communication rate to 19200 (otherwise the default 9600 times out when not in CAN port) and then plug the adapter's cable to the available RS485-1 or 2 ports, since CAN will be used for the inverter.

Attachments

• IMG-20231227-WA0071.jpeg
    IMG-20231227-WA0071.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20231227-WA0064.jpeg
    IMG-20231227-WA0064.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20231227-WA0075.jpeg
    IMG-20231227-WA0075.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20231227-WA0062.jpeg
    IMG-20231227-WA0062.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20231227-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20231227-WA0010.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20231227-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20231227-WA0009.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
  • SRNEtoBMScable.jpg
    SRNEtoBMScable.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Daisy @ Docan provided a couple of zip files for me via chat (might be worth pinging who you got it from). I ended up going for the easier option and used EN BMS (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.energybms.bms_flutter&pcampaignid=web_share), which appears to be the same and you can change the settings on the BMS. I'm still testing mine out as the capacity wasn't quite right with the cells I've tested, so I manually set it to 300Ah (on the 280Ah cells I've got). I believe that it will sort out the total capacity itself, but I've not done a full charge/discharge test as yet (top balanced the cells before build). You should be able to change the settings to what you're looking for using the app. I hope this helps.
Im in the same issue....i cant log into app

Back