diy solar

diy solar

Assistance on this chart from my SolaX system

TheRocketMan

Hi,

I know this is not DIY, but I had a SolaX system at my place by contractors on 5 Jan 2024.
Unfortunatly, my latest electricity bill does not show any drop in usage from the grid. I attached the report from the SolaX cloud.
What is 'Feed-In Energy' and 'Consume Energy'? Am I consuming any energy from the Solar system?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 31-1-2024 1-50-20 pm.jpg
    31-1-2024 1-50-20 pm.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 9
Feed in is what you export, no idea on the other as I do not have CT's or a meter attached.

What system did they install, does it include batteries and also is it meant to limit export and use all PV internally or favour export as you get paid for exporting.

Mine just records Yield as it does not have a CT or a meter linked to it.

What does you electricity company meter tell you, it should be less.

Thanks.

Sorry, what is "CT"? I am new to this jargon.

There is no battery installed for my system. Installed system includes 12x410W risen panels and SolaX X3 M5.0 inverter.
I do not know the inverter settings. I cannot get into the "Advanced" nor "Super" settings of the inverter. I cannot tell if it has been set to deliver energy to the grid.

If 'Feed-In Energy' is feeding back to the grid and 'Consume Energy' is what I consumed from the solar system, then it makes no sense both are zero. The energy has to go somewhere.

The electrical meter tells me what is the current reading. The consumption is the current reading minus the previous reading.

A CT clamp is

They are used to tell inverters what your usage is without cutting wires near your electrical companies meter which allows the installers an easier time.

So keeping it simple, does your electrical meter show a decrease in usage after the install about the same as the inverters yield. If you need to then start taking daily reading off your meter. Forget what the inverter tells you other than the yield for the moment.

You paid an installer to fit a system, if its not doing what they said it would then use your consumer laws and get then to correct it.

Back