diy solar

diy solar

Axial Flux Generator

Soul21

HI all - I am looking to build a small (1kW) hydroelectric generator. I am looking into axial flux generators and wondering where I might pick one up. The only place I currently see them is on Alibaba.

How much falling height, head do you have is what matters with hydro.

If you don't have much of that your not going to make any meaningful power. I looked into this at my old house but couldn't get far enough back up above the generation point to make it worth the effort at the time.

I'm not sure where to pick up what your wanting just wanted to make sure you had looked into what you can get out of it before diving in to far.

I've never built an axial flux generator and I want to know some technical aspects. Almost every generator I've seen is designed to output triphasic. I don't know if triphasic would have some advantage in some aspects. Another question is: If I use a triphasic design, then the number of magnets and coils must be a multiple of 3.
There are 2 questions here.
1) A generator produces DC directly and they are constructed differently than an Alternator.
2) The advantage to a 3 phase alternator is that the rectified 3 phase is much smoother (less ripple) than rectified single phase which is basically just pulse DC if no additional filtering components are used.

Back