diy solar

diy solar

Battery not getting charged

xavpil

Hi all
My starter, windlass and bow thruster batteries (regular 12 V) are not getting charged properly.
I have
2x 400w solar
2 Victron mppt
2x 200Ah Dakota lithium
Multiplus inverter charger
DC to DC charger

What’s happening:
When engine running my ENGINE BATTERY ( name shown on my dashboard) goes from 11v to 14.1v. as we drive.
When the engine stops and I am only solar power or shore power the battery level keeps going down to 11.9…
And now I noticed my windlass and bow thruster batteries are also under 12v.
I can’t remotely monitor the charge level of these two batteries so I don’t know if they are getting charged while the engine is running but I doubt it because after 14 h of engine working the bow thruster died on me….

NOTE: the victron DC to DC charger is missing the remote HL switch and on the Victron app it says it is Off….. I am trying to find a replacement switch of course but regardless, the DC to DC has nothing to do with charging the windlass, starter and bow thruster batteries, right?

Any ideas of what to look for?

I'm not sure how you have this wired up, but if you can get directly to the Orion you can put a jumper wire in place of the on/off switch. If your only issue is this switch you should be able to put the jumper in and test for voltage with the jumper and without. Am I understanding this correctly?

Back