diy solar

diy solar

Best option for solar panel setup on the EG4 Hybrid heat pump AC

Rocknemo

I'm trying to determine my best option for configuring my panel setup to utilize the maximum sun exposure for this EG4 AC/DC heat pump. My property is lined with trees along both the east and west sides of the property. In the morning the west side gets full sun early and, in the afternoon the east side gets sun the latest. I've been looking at those ECO-WORTHY dual axis solar tracking systems for one option and setting it in the middle of the yard, that appears to be able to maximize the total output of the panels. 2nd I thought about installing panels on both the east and west sides to capture both morning and afternoon sun exposure. What do the more knowledgeable minds feel would be the best option. Thanks, Rick N

Thats true to a point, but digging into these ECO-WORTHY tracking systems they can be bought at around $400 delivered, they have been updating the weak points and electronics on them and they seem a pretty good value for a small mount system compared to the price of any other static ground mount racking system. I'm pretty electrically and mechanically sound so there would be a number of things I would do during the install to help the longevity and if needed repair. Was hoping someone would give some input on the other option of paralleling a couple panels on both the east and west side of my property. I'm not sure how that work out in if would extend my usable solar longer. Thanks

You can download the manual and check, or ask EG4, but I seem to recall the LSC was pretty low on the 12k btu unit and they did not recommend paralleling solar strings.

I'm not quite sure what your referring to on checking the manual, I know the VOC is less than 380v and the ISC is 12a, is that what your thinking is if I put a couple panels in parallel I would exceed current limit.

In general, the East facing panels would use a separate MPPT from the West facing panels. But, seems like you only have one solar input. So, might be easier to go the tracking route.

I'm not quite sure what your referring to on checking the manual, I know the VOC is less than 380v and the ISC is 12a, is that what your thinking is if I put a couple panels in parallel I would exceed current limit.
yes. Maybe ask EG4 if that is a hard limit? The manual suggests it is.

Deye says NO PARALLEL in manual, but YES on a YouTube comment on official company account.

SS/EG4 says NO.
Australian distributor says YES.

So, who likes living dangerously 🤔 :ROFLMAO:⚡

Personally, I think Deye meant to say suggested Isc or something and it Chinglishized to Limit.

Back