diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti Portable Station (EB3A) + MSE310TS60 Panels

nix235

Greetings! Just picked up the EB3a Bluetti and cannot use it with my two existing panels due to PV Over voltage.

The panels I have are over powered for the station and was wondering what hardware I can get to step it down so its within spec for the EB3A

MSE310TS60 Panels (x2)
Max Power 310
OCV 40.3
Rated Voltage 33.1

EB3A
268Wh LiFePO4 Battery Backup w/ 2 600W (1200W Surge) AC Outlets, Recharge from 0-80% in 30 Min 120 V

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry. I looked it up for myself.

Solar Input:
200W Max, VOC 12-28VDC/ 8.5A

If you want it to work well, just get suitable panels for it. It's intended to work only with 12V panels in parallel.

Ah ok thanks, so there arent any "step down" devices that can convert the voltage to something compatible?

I made the mistake of not knowing my panels specs and bought the wrong power station cuz it was cheap...maybe I should return it and get one thats able to manage my panels.

Thanks!

Ah ok thanks, so there arent any "step down" devices that can convert the voltage to something compatible?

I made the mistake of not knowing my panels specs and bought the wrong power station cuz it was cheap...maybe I should return it and get one thats able to manage my panels.

Thanks!

Yes, there are, but performance will be compromised and unreliable.

I was just looking at that model on Amazon right now. 299 with 60 coupon = 139 + tax.
If I get two 100w panels, I think this would be okay. And I like that it has a MPPT controller. From the listing: "The built-in MPPT controller supports up to 200W of solar input."

But I don't need the portability option, so maybe a portable power station is not for me. But it's relatively inexpensive right now, and don't have to mess with connecting an MPPT with a battery, and an inverter, and all the cabling and fuses, etc. It's a good all-in-one option for those with small solar panels. Decisions decisions!

Since the EB3 has 8.5A input current limit, if you use the typical 100W panel (18Vmp, Imp of 5.55A), when you have them in parallel, the most you will get is 18V x 8.5A = about 150W, so you should try to find panel that has Vmp about 22 ~23V or so to get more power, they are hard to find.
I have EB70 with typical 100W panels.

Back