diy solar

diy solar

BMS Hardware Version DR-JC03

dingbsums

Hello, I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. I bought a battery but did not get instructions or cables or anything.

Now the front looks like it could contain a Seplos BMS but after 100 tries I can't read it, not even with the BatteryMonitor from Seplos. So it will be another BMS. Only which one?

Maybe someone has the same and can say something more about it?

Before I unscrew it I wanted to ask if someone has the same and can read this on the PC or Raspberry.

Attachments

• IMG_20221102_180722.jpg
    IMG_20221102_180722.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20221102-184739_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20221102-184739_Trebuchet.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20221102-184746_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20221102-184746_Trebuchet.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 103
I have the same problem. I did accidentally a reverse connection. Now the capacity measurement is not accurate and the CAN Bus get no connection to the cerbo gx. I ask the dealer for replacement

Hello, I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. I bought a battery but did not get instructions or cables or anything.

Now the front looks like it could contain a Seplos BMS but after 100 tries I can't read it, not even with the BatteryMonitor from Seplos. So it will be another BMS. Only which one?

Before I unscrew it I wanted to ask if someone has the same and can read this on the PC or Raspberry.
I would also need help or a software that is compatible with DR-JC03

So i have a battery with the same BMS that i managed to connect to my computer and configure to talk CAN that works with Victron Venos configured for Pylontech.
I attached the "program" to run on windows, and a firmware file with some instructions on how to connect/upgrade/configure for victron.
The seller provided me with the password of 666666 to be able to change BMS parameters.
I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Battery settings for Victron.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 210
So i have a battery with the same BMS that i managed to connect to my computer and configure to talk CAN that works with Victron Venos configured for Pylontech.
I attached the "program" to run on windows, and a firmware file with some instructions on how to connect/upgrade/configure for victron.
The seller provided me with the password of 666666 to be able to change BMS parameters.
I hope it helps.
Thanks a lot for this. Finally got this battery showing up on my Venus OS RaspberryPi connected over CAN Bus!

If the BMS is not showing the software version, you probably tried to install the wrong firmware or the seller sent you accidently the wrong file.
In my case the seller installed a new bootloader first and after that the correct firmware. It was done by teamviewer.
Since this BMS rescue operation i can only discharge and not charge the battery, but i am still in contact with the technicians.
Edit: Problem solved, i had to redetect my battery in Victron Venus OS after the firmware update.
My firmware version is V2.0.0 now, so the download in this thread is not the latest.
With V1.03 my SOC was jumping from 37% to 100% out of unknown reason. I hope this one is working better.

Last edited:
If the BMS is not showing the software version, you probably tried to install the wrong firmware or the seller sent you accidently the wrong file.
In my case the seller installed a new bootloader first and after that the correct firmware. It was done by teamviewer.
Since this BMS rescue operation i can only discharge and not charge the battery, but i am still in contact with the technicians.
Edit: Problem solved, i had to redetect my battery in Victron Venus OS after the firmware update.
My firmware version is V2.0.0 now, so the download in this thread is not the latest.
With V1.03 my SOC was jumping from 37% to 100% out of unknown reason. I hope this one is working better.
hello,

please could you provide us the bin file with the version 2.0?
What about the bootloader ?

Thanks.

Hello, if you change to Pylontech with this BMS, can you still access the BMS with the normal (with the previous) cable? Or do you need another cable from the PC to the BMS?

Sorry, another question, how do you connect it with Venus OS? Wich protocol you use?

Attachments

• einstellungen.jpg
    einstellungen.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 128
My battery / BMS did this 2 days ago. The SOC suddenly went from just under 50% down to 0%. Since I'm a beginner, I unfortunately do not know if the settings in the software are correct. I had never changed anything in the settings and now charge the battery only to 3.33 volts per cell.
Does anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-19 um 08.11.13.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-19 um 08.11.13.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 47
Hi,

I got this software with the battery set (see attachment, meant to be used with Victron, maybe it helps someone, the software works for me). I really would like to learn more about the used BMS. Please also see my post: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/do-you-recognize-this-bms.62914/ . I'm sure it's a "Daren" BMS which seems not to be sold for diy e.g. and therefore seems to be very unknown. Also see this post with the manufacturer datasheet: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/red-diode-on-aku.52451/ . I found a new reference to the BMS on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_image.562e20d0oYjqM4 . But that is really the only thing I can find about the BMS. Even the manufacturer doesn't list this BMS on the company website (only the smaller 100A model).

Attachments

• wetransfer_2-upgrade-operation-video-wmv_2023-01-18_1737.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 124

Hi,
How did you solved this problem
I have the same for the moment

Hi,

I got this software with the battery set (see attachment, meant to be used with Victron, maybe it helps someone, the software works for me). I really would like to learn more about the used BMS. Please also see my post: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/do-you-recognize-this-bms.62914/ . I'm sure it's a "Daren" BMS which seems not to be sold for diy e.g. and therefore seems to be very unknown. Also see this post with the manufacturer datasheet: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/red-diode-on-aku.52451/ . I found a new reference to the BMS on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_image.562e20d0oYjqM4 . But that is really the only thing I can find about the BMS. Even the manufacturer doesn't list this BMS on the company website (only the smaller 100A model).
Hi Oke# I see in the video you have a later version of the DRStartApp, I have 22.04.13-beta1, can you please post the later version if you still have it? Many thanks.

Thanks a lot for this. Finally got this battery showing up on my Venus OS RaspberryPi connected over CAN Bus!
Did you attach the Monitoring Software to this page? I do not seem to find it. I have an Odipie 100A 48v which does not connect to Victron Cerbo and I do not seem to find a Battery Monitor software that works for me to view/set its parameters. I built and now use a second 304A battery and decommissioned the Odipie because I could not enter its parameters.

Back