diy solar

diy solar

BSLBATT battery packs SOCs all over the place.

Super Fly

Hello

Can some you all chime in here so I can get your opinions. I am testing 8 X 5KW BSLBATT (Powerline USA version) battery packs. These are all connected in parallel via 2 bussbars.
The issue here is that if they get fully charge, the SOCs of all the batteries will be relatively close between 90-100%.
Once the battery pack starts to get to about 70%, the SOCs start to run all over. Seems some batteries are depleting faster than others. Attached is a perfect example of what is happening.
I supect some of these battery packs do not have grade A cells as the manufacturer said or they are very poor quality.

Give me you opinion guys.

Attachments

• 2023-11-15 13 48 33.png
    2023-11-15 13 48 33.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
The first test should be to verify the actual current on each battery. You will need a clamp on DC ammeter, sometimes referred to as a Hall effect sensor. If it is determined that the batteries are not being discharged at equal currents with a constant load on the whole set, then you need to start looking for high resistance connections. An IR camera may be helpful also.

The first test should be to verify the actual current on each battery. You will need a clamp on DC ammeter, sometimes referred to as a Hall effect sensor. If it is determined that the batteries are not being discharged at equal currents with a constant load on the whole set, then you need to start looking for high resistance connections. An IR camera may be helpful also.
What I am doing now is a full charge where pack is at 100 SOC and then will monitor it from there.

all balanced now. lets view 6 hours later.

Attachments

• 2023-11-15 22 14 46.png
    2023-11-15 22 14 46.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 4
Back