diy solar

diy solar

Canadian Solar 390W V.S. Canadian Solar 390W

kelvinfpv

TL:DR What makes the HIKuBLACK double the halfcell bifacial?

So I'm narrowing in on what I want out of a panel. 390W seems to be a sweet spot for now when you consider I'm building a ground mount. (Weight per panel, cost of mounting lots of little panels vs big ones, wire on and on... )
I started looking at the CS 390W Hiku black's. they are 330 each with free shipping over 10.
Rated Power Output390 W
Voltage (VOC)44.1 V
Maximum String Voltage1500V
Cell number
  • 132 cell
Cell TypeMonocrystalline
Rated Efficiency19.2 %
Connector TypeMC4
Backsheet Color
  • black
Frame Color
  • black
Dimensions LxWxH76.4 × 41.3 × 1.38 in
Weight49.6 lb
Pallet Qty30
ManufacturerCanadian Solar
Manufacturer Part #CS3N-390MSHiKuBlack
Operating Temperatures−40°F to +185°F
Scope of Application
  • Solar Panels for Commercial
  • Solar Panels for Home
Use
  • Commercial
  • Grid-Tie
  • Off-Grid
  • Residential
Warranty25 Year Product and Performance Warranty
Delivery Time5-7 business days

Then I see the New Canadian Solar 390W 144 Half Cell Bifacial Solar Panel for 180$ but Santan Solar wont show me shipping until checkout.​

Specifications:

• Rated Power: 390W
  • Open circuit voltage (VOC): 46.8 V
  • Max power voltage (VMP): 38.3 V
  • Short circuit current (ISC): 10.74 A
  • Max power current: 10.19 A
  • Maximum system voltage: IEC 1000V and 1500V UL certified
  • Fuse Rating: 25 A
  • Weight: 62.6 lbs.
  • Dimensions: 83.9 x 41.3 x 1.2 in

Just curious, but where did you find those 390W panels for $330?

I ordered 8 of 445W Canadian Solar bifacial panels from Santan, and it cost me $300 to get them shipped here in NE Kentucky. Actually just got them yesterday.

The 390W bifacials weigh the same as the 445's, so I imagine the shipping charge would be similar. I'm about 1800 miles from them, so I thought that $300 was reasonable, considering the total weight of the panels and the pallet, wrapping, etc was about 700lb. All the panels were in very good condition when I inspected them as we unloaded them off the pallet.

Just curious, but where did you find those 390W panels for $330?

I ordered 8 of 445W Canadian Solar bifacial panels from Santan, and it cost me $300 to get them shipped here in NE Kentucky. Actually just got them yesterday.

The 390W bifacials weigh the same as the 445's, so I imagine the shipping charge would be similar. I'm about 1800 miles from them, so I thought that $300 was reasonable, considering the total weight of the panels and the pallet, wrapping, etc was about 700lb. All the panels were in very good condition when I inspected them as we unloaded them off the pallet.

The bi-facials through SanTan only has 1 year warranty through SanTan itself, the HiKuBlack has 25yr manufacturers warranty. Not sure why when SanTan sells them they don't have the manufacturers warranty even when they are new.

Back