diy solar

diy solar

Charging Parameters and order to set parameters Lifepo4

garyr

hello from Ohio.
I have an 06 sprinter van conversion that had a 200ah lifepo4 battery until I fried one cell
by forgetting to reattach the bms.
SO
Last August I installed a redodo 12.8v 400ah battery pack. It is attached to an EPever 4215bn
charge controller with the mt50 controller and 450 watts of solar panels. All seemed fine.
When It got to freezing I detached the solar panels and from time to time would check the meter
and the system seemed fine at 13.3 volts/
When it warmed up I turned back on the solar panels and the system voltage climbed slowly.
Just checked this morning and the system was up to 13.7 volts with the red warning light flashing
and the system was non responsive to turning the house lights on.
The power from the 3000watt pure sine wave Inverter to the (van) house is disconnected so I powered it up to drain the voltage some.
When it got down to 13.5v I am now able to change the settings. trouble is I have misplaced and probably never had
the correct settings.
So if I could get some help with the proper settings and the correct order with which to set them i would be very much appreciative.
Thanks in advance gary

The Redo store gives 14.6 volts (3.65 per cell).

IMO, that's too high and I would charge to 13.8 volts (3.475 per cell).

3.65 per cell is max voltage for a lithium battery and charging there on an unbalanced cell will exceed ratings on the higher voltage cell. Charging to 3.475 per cell gets around 95% capacity, or a loss of 20 ah/480 wH to prevent a risk of a swelled cell.

Back