diy solar

Class T Fuses - Home Depot $39 free delivery

Mercruiser

Class T fuse prices are all over the map:

Mouser & Digikey electronics suppliers: $98 or so
Various on-line "solar" stores: $70 - $90
A few others including PKYS $39 + $5 shipping

Home Depot: $39 plus free shipping

Then there are all the marketplace sellers that I've never heard of. I will not buy from them because I'm concerned about getting a counterfeit fuse.

I've never understood why the prices for those fuses were so wild across the board.

I buy most of mine used from eBay. As far as I know, I've never got a fake one, and also never paid more than $20 per fuse. Some extremely light sanding on the connecting blades, and they're good as new. The only issue is availability, they don't always have every amperage rating listed.

I didn't buy from Amazon because the 400A fuse I need is only sold by 3rd parties I've mostly never heard of. I really do not want a to risk a counterfeit knock-off of a Bussman, Littlefuse, or Mersen. The challenge with fuses is that there is no nondestructive way to test them. Most any other electrical component can be tested without destroying it. Consequently, it all comes down to trust. Do I trust the safety of my $100K RV to "Zack Spring LLC" (made up amalgamation of several 3rd party store names). Nope!

I didn't buy from Amazon because the 400A fuse I need is only sold by 3rd parties I've mostly never heard of. I really do not want a to risk a counterfeit knock-off of a Bussman, Littlefuse, or Mersen. The challenge with fuses is that there is no nondestructive way to test them. Most any other electrical component can be tested without destroying it. Consequently, it all comes down to trust. Do I trust the safety of my $100K RV to "Zack Spring LLC" (made up amalgamation of several 3rd party store names). Nope!
Oh I see, on my amazon the 400 amp is sold by the blue sea.
& Yea I get it. It is unfortunate no test with fuses. That's why I use breakers.. to begin with but at the same time those fail so I am going to put some fuses in the main areas like on the batteries now lol.
Yep gotta keep it safe! All my stuff is in a shop with a concrete wall and floor so I'm a bit more trusting than if it was in my house..
In fact I won't even charge the batteries in my house, don't want to risk anything.

Back