diy solar

diy solar

Connecting 2 Delta Pros (without hub)

knicks1met

I'm new to all this! I have 2 delta pros and 1 extra battery. What I'm trying to do is see if there is a way to connect the 2 delta pros along with the extra battery to create 1 giant battery so they all run (and drain) together while connected to my transfer switch.

I have the double voltage hub and successfully connected the 2 delta pros to it along with the extra battery to achieve 240v through the transfer switch but the problem is if one of the delta pros batteries dies first, the hub is no longer operable. So I'm trying to see if I can just connect all 3 units (without the double voltage hub, fully realizing i'll be at 120v and not 240v) so they all work as 1 unit. Is this possible?

I think the only way is to use the 120vac output from the 1st delta pro to charge the 2nd delta pro. The 2nd delta pro would be a “separate circuit” and will not be able to share its battery capacity.

Have the Delta pro with extended battery as primary. All loads connected to it. Then ac input from the second Delta pro. System will first drain the second Delta pro, then start draining the primary Delta pro and it's extended battery. You'll lose a bit of efficiency in the extra DC/ac/DC conversion.

Have the Delta pro with extended battery as primary. All loads connected to it. Then ac input from the second Delta pro. System will first drain the second Delta pro, then start draining the primary Delta pro and it's extended battery. You'll lose a bit of efficiency in the extra DC/ac/DC conversion.
@Brucey So just to confirm, I would have the AC cord plug into the back of one Delta Pro and the plug part would plug into the front of the second Delta Pro. And that first Delta Pro that has the AC cord from the back would also have the Extra Battery and the solar input and that same Delta Pro would connect to the transfer switch. So the second delta pro only has the AC plugged into the front and thats all it does. Do I have all that right?

When you say I'd lose efficiency, is it a big loss or minimal in your opinion? Thanks!

Yes the second Delta would basically serve as an AC battery for the primary+ extended Delta. Potentially a 10% loss? Still worth it for the runtime boost imo seeing you already have the equipment.

Now the second Delta, you'd have to charge that manually by plugging into grid (or potentially reverse the cables and charge it back up from the primary and solar etc)

Yes the second Delta would basically serve as an AC battery for the primary+ extended Delta. Potentially a 10% loss? Still worth it for the runtime boost imo seeing you already have the equipment.

Now the second Delta, you'd have to charge that manually by plugging into grid (or potentially reverse the cables and charge it back up from the primary and solar etc)
@Brucey Would it make any sense to connect one solar panel to the first Delta Pro and another solar panel to the second delta pro? I have 2 of the 400 watt panels currently.

Back