diy solar

diy solar

Connecting Hybrid inverter to consumer unit

LIBION

Can someone please help
I have 8 500W solar panels, a 6kw Victron hybrid smart inverter and a 4kw BYD Battery and accessories. I would kike to connect the set up to a house consumer unit. The grid is so unreliable so I would like to use solar as much as possible and only use the grid when there is not enough energy from solar. I may want to use solar aided by grid if solar is not able to power all the load, maybe by having high consumption loads powered by the grid and the rest by solar. Can you please help me to wire the consumer unit. I am not sure if you can have two power sources to a consumer unit. I have ordered a second battery but it will take about 3 months t arrive in Africa. When it arrives then I wont need the grid at all. I do not need to supply power to the grid, so no grid tie.

Can someone please help
I have 8 500W solar panels, a 6kw Victron hybrid smart inverter and a 4kw BYD Battery and accessories.

This?

"Smart" only refers to the bluetooth option. It still needs a Cerbo to make it truly smart.

I would kike to connect the set up to a house consumer unit. The grid is so unreliable so I would like to use solar as much as possible and only use the grid when there is not enough energy from solar.

Easy.

I may want to use solar aided by grid if solar is not able to power all the load,

almost impossible without grid tie.

maybe by having high consumption loads powered by the grid and the rest by solar.

This would simply be setup by separating out the loads on the consumer unit into a second unit.

Can you please help me to wire the consumer unit. I am not sure if you can have two power sources to a consumer unit.

Generally, you break out separate loads into a second consumer unit. One panel provides grid powered loads, the other panel provides inverter powered loads.

Not sure how it works in Africa the utility probably doesn't care what you're doing with solar. Your free to DIY everything if it was me, I would buy an off-grid inverter large enough to run everything. That inverter has an input connect the power grid configure it to run off PV and battery it will also use grid if needed. When the power goes out, you're just running on your off-grid battery and solar. Example like this

Victron unit doesn't have a grid input your other choice is to use a charger like one that EG-4 sells. The grid would charge your batteries and supply power to the inverter.

Attachments

• 2024-01-06 19_36_54-Quick set up guide for off grid 5kW Conversol with lead acid batteries - V...png
    2024-01-06 19_36_54-Quick set up guide for off grid 5kW Conversol with lead acid batteries - V...png
    632.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back