diy solar

diy solar

Cut that high speed cable!

I just love setting up high gain directional antennas to get high speed internet where there is no signal. Here is my last project I did for relatives in a remote eastern European village. Getting 100 Mbit internet where there is no 4G service was great.
View attachment 211007
Until all of their neighbours find out, get similar dishes, they all start watching Netflix at the same time and the locall cell is overloaded. Guess how I know how these things progress

You should've done your parents a favor and camouflaged it better 😂

Netflix at the same time and the locall cell is overloaded.
There was another opposite direction path to another LTE cell on a grain elevator. Most people around there bought data limited cheaper plans. I was lucky to grab true unmetered unlimited plan right before they got discontinued. Was only $20/mo for 2 SIMs (phone and 4G modem).

There was another opposite direction path to another LTE cell on a grain elevator. Most people around there bought data limited cheaper plans. I was lucky to grab true unmetered unlimited plan right before they got discontinued. Was only $20/mo for 2 SIMs (phone and 4G modem).
Cool. I too managed to snap a good LTE (truly)unmetered plan for $22 few years ago. However, all my local cells are overloaded so the best I get is 75Mbit down 25Mbit up. Still that is much better that the original 5Mbit down 2Mbit up I had before LTE became a thing. Another much bigger issue is that they have started "phasing out 3g" which means my mobile phone reception went from good everywhere in my house to almost unusable unless I stay next to one particular window... Very funny.

I am really enjoying Starlink. It's been about 9 months now and it has only dipped out for a few seconds under the most extreme rain conditions. Normal rain is not an issue and the speed is typically 150Mbs down and 20Mbs up.

Back