diy solar

diy solar

Deeno X1500 Power station

bearer

Anyone else had experience with this one? I received mine early December and it was discharged to 0% and would not accept charge from wall adapter or solar, not even after several days.

Tried contacting Deeno but have not had a response since beginning of December, my local vendor is ready to replace or refund the unit so thats okay. I'm very interested in finding out if Deeno support works at all, and if it is possible to recover this seeming DoA unit, when it was manufactured, what charge level it shipped with etc before deciding on a replacement or just a refund and return.

My vendor seemed unable, and honestly uninterested, in trying to find out when the devices were manufactured and essentially how long they were in storage before they stopped working. They did confirm several units in stock had the same issue but also at least one did accept a charge.

Deeno warranty terms state I must charge the power station to 100% within seven days of purchase to not void the warranty, I guess that train has left the station, so I should be able to open it and charge the cells directly if my vendor offers me a discount to keep the unit - but what sort of degradation could one be looking at for a deeply discharged LiFePo4 battery pack?

Anyone else had experience with this one? I received mine early December and it was discharged to 0% and would not accept charge from wall adapter or solar, not even after several days.

Tried contacting Deeno but have not had a response since beginning of December, my local vendor is ready to replace or refund the unit so thats okay. I'm very interested in finding out if Deeno support works at all, and if it is possible to recover this seeming DoA unit, when it was manufactured, what charge level it shipped with etc before deciding on a replacement or just a refund and return.

My vendor seemed unable, and honestly uninterested, in trying to find out when the devices were manufactured and essentially how long they were in storage before they stopped working. They did confirm several units in stock had the same issue but also at least one did accept a charge.

Deeno warranty terms state I must charge the power station to 100% within seven days of purchase to not void the warranty, I guess that train has left the station, so I should be able to open it and charge the cells directly if my vendor offers me a discount to keep the unit - but what sort of degradation could one be looking at for a deeply discharged LiFePo4 battery pack?
So I’m assuming that it has a BMS... and somehow it needs to be woken up.. so if you open it up... and manage to charge the cells separate from BMS.. then maybe it will wake up BMS when reassembled... I’m no expert though.. not sure about battery degradation.. fingers crossed

Yeah, I checked out the FCC reports internal pictures and looks like there a bms and relatively easy access to cells, but I probably shouldnt be opening if I plan on returning it. And with absolutely no response from the manufacturer for almost a full month I'm not feeling confident. My initial thought was that this relatively dumb power station (no wifi/app) would be safer to store as there should be less self discharge/self consumption - but its also a relatively new product and by the sound of it most of them are deeply discharged to the point of being non-functional.

Back