diy solar

diy solar

DIY solar system panel shopping

NHsolarplans

Hello,

I am on good course to get my system up on my roof thanks to a nonprofit that helps homeowners like myself to get a system without paying 60k or more. I am getting a 11.2 KW system installed and am now solar pannel shopping.

I stumbled across these two websites and wondered if anybody has had experience with them? It sounds too good to be true and when it sounds too good to be true it usually isn't.
But maybe somebody here has experience buying from one of these websites? That would be amazing as this is a steal of a deal for NEW panels!

or these guys here:

any good places where you bought your panels? I checked out solarsteal.com and SanTan.com but both seem to be quite an adventure trying to find a used panel with a manufacture warranty that is not too old or banged up for a good price.

Thanks a ton!

Last edited:
Is this nonprofit/installer actually happy for you to supply your own panels? Usually they want to be the distributor for warranty purposes and to work with a product they are familiar with.

I would see if you can find a local distributor like if you're in driving distance of CED or Consolidated electrical supply.

Is this nonprofit/installer actually happy for you to supply your own panels? Usually they want to be the distributor for warranty purposes and to work with a product they are familiar with.

I would see if you can find a local distributor like if you're in driving distance of CED or Consolidated electrical supply.
They don't care if you buy your own panels. It's the homeowner's decision nd they will work with you to change the design of the system to fit the roof etc. They don't make a single dollar of it so they really don't care.
You can opt in to have them create a shopping list for you and send it to distributors they get discounts from but nothing near the prices of SanTan or anything under $300 for a 540W panel.

thank you for your reply. Are you referring to these guys? I thought the price is 300 per panel? I had a wrong link up before but updated. Thanks
Canadian Solar CS6W-540MB-AG 540 Watt Mono PERC Bifacial Solar Panel

Back