diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PKV 18000 Battery Question

Floridajoe123

Question one, What are the loss of function with building my own 50KWH battery for 5,000 as opposed to buying the EG4 batteries? Other then a BSM what other components would be needed for a DIY battery. (William you did a great job teaching battery building!)

Next somewhat battery questions. I have an off grid system with 25KWH battery with a Victron multiplus 120V 3000W 24VDC in a boat 2 feet from the eG4 KPV 18000. Is there a way to feed 110V into the boat off grid as back up power to the EG4, if so will it convert the 110 to 220 ?

Cells
Cell to cell connectors
BMS
Wire
Wire connectors
Class T fuse
Holder for class T fuse

Optional:
shunt
Switch / breaker
Case
Compression method
Powersupply to balance cells
Multi meter

Next somewhat battery questions. I have an off grid system with 25KWH battery with a Victron multiplus 120V 3000W 24VDC in a boat 2 feet from the eG4 KPV 18000. Is there a way to feed 110V into the boat off grid as back up power to the EG4, if so will it convert the 110 to 220 ?
1) autotransfomer to convert 120 to 240
2) chargeverter to charge battery directly
3) it may take 120v (accepts unbalanced power).

Cells
Cell to cell connectors
BMS
Wire
Wire connectors
Class T fuse
Holder for class T fuse

Optional:
shunt
Switch / breaker
Case
Compression method
Powersupply to balance cells
Multi meter
Thanks for the information, I have built a 25KW battery and use it in the boat. It works great and pretty much used all of your list of equipment. I am just wondering why there is such a price difference in buying a premade battery as opposed to making one. 5k to 6K for a home made but 12K+ for a manufactured one. They do a nice job on there build.

1) autotransfomer to convert 120 to 240
2) chargeverter to charge battery directly
3) it may take 120v (accepts unbalanced power)
Thanks, I will not plan on building a battery until after it is installed just in case it can take 120v in an AC input and covert it to 240.

Back