diy solar

diy solar

Electrical design services for DIY - drawings and permits

jaygrovr

If anyone is planning on submitting permits and doing their install themselves and doing everything by the book, I am offering my design and drawing services for permits in the Vegas area. I just went through a permitting app locally on a pretty complicated shed system that was off grid and learned a lot about what they are looking for. I am not looking to make money off this arrangement, more to help people do their installs correctly. I am not a stamping professional engineer, but I am an electrical engineer. I know this may not be the correct forum to place this note, but it would fall into many of the categories of this forum all together.

My current system I am installing is two EG4 outdoor powerpro batteries, one rg4 6000xp inverter, and 14 panels on the roof to charge the batteries during the day. This off grid structure is a 12x24 shed/workshop that is insulated and has air conditioning with an eg4 9k btu unit.

The permit system in vegas is very difficult and there is a lot of tribal knowledge. A lot of people go by the manuals of the products, which in some cases helps, but for instance, putting storage batteries closer than 36" is not allowed even though the manual states it. Now there are ways to get this approved, but you need to know how and what to do, that is where I can help.

Again my services are not to make money, but I need to charge something to account for my time.

I know there are probably a lot of people that want to do the work themselves, which is allowed as long as you stay at that residence at least a year after you do the work. It has to be your home as well.

Jason

you can send me a message on here if you are interested. I am mostly experienced with the AHJ in the Vegas area.

If anyone is planning on submitting permits and doing their install themselves and doing everything by the book, I am offering my design and drawing services for permits in the Vegas area. I just went through a permitting app locally on a pretty complicated shed system that was off grid and learned a lot about what they are looking for. I am not looking to make money off this arrangement, more to help people do their installs correctly. I am not a stamping professional engineer, but I am an electrical engineer. I know this may not be the correct forum to place this note, but it would fall into many of the categories of this forum all together.

My current system I am installing is two EG4 outdoor powerpro batteries, one rg4 6000xp inverter, and 14 panels on the roof to charge the batteries during the day. This off grid structure is a 12x24 shed/workshop that is insulated and has air conditioning with an eg4 9k btu unit.

The permit system in vegas is very difficult and there is a lot of tribal knowledge. A lot of people go by the manuals of the products, which in some cases helps, but for instance, putting storage batteries closer than 36" is not allowed even though the manual states it. Now there are ways to get this approved, but you need to know how and what to do, that is where I can help.

Again my services are not to make money, but I need to charge something to account for my time.

I know there are probably a lot of people that want to do the work themselves, which is allowed as long as you stay at that residence at least a year after you do the work. It has to be your home as well.

Jason

you can send me a message on here if you are interested. I am mostly experienced with the AHJ in the Vegas area.
We are working on a forum to post up solar planning pages for review.
Soon!

Jason

interested,

Back