diy solar

diy solar

Existing Cabin Panel

My 3kW PowMr which are SRNE have 450Voc max PV range and 80a. Almost the same unit as the older low voltage PV. I upgraded my older EAsun because of wanting the higher PV voltage to work with.
Nice, 450Voc would certainly be useful.

Does your powmr mppt remain charging when inverter is off? Or is that only the 100Voc versions?

Yeah, I've been finding that only the older models have the 100-150v PV limits, nowadays everything and its uncle in the 48v world wants 150v just to start working.

I had the opposite problem, I needed something that would start and run in cloudy and overcast weather. Trying to string together enough panels to get that starting voltage was going to be real hard to do with the terrain at my camp and me having to do everything myself.

I don't understand why a cheap ass PWM or any MPPT controller off the shelf can start charging a 24v system, but I need 150v to charge a 48v system. Is 60v - 400v impossible to do or something? 🤨

Yeah, they can hit full voltage when there's sun out and I've also seen them pushing the 30a SCC they're attached to a couple times. Clouds and overcast in the PNW is a beast.
Oh yes, The PNW. Moved up to Vancouver Washington Jan - April 1980 . I don't think we saw the sun. Did see Mt. St. Helens do a slow burn and moved out shortly before it blew, May 18, 1980

Back