diy solar

diy solar

Felicity BMS not allowing full charge

capcapfall

Hi, I have a new Felicity solar LPBF48200 battery and the BMS only shows 54.2v at 100% instead of 57.6v
My inverter shows the battery is at 81% even at full charge. So that means the BMS doesn't let the battery to charge fully.
Will a full discharge recalibrate the BMS? If no, what steps should I take?

Looks like they have the bms set to limit charge and discharge. Almost like it is a 15S configuration, but not quite... Likely the cells are B grade, and keeping them out of the peaks keeps them in sink...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230819_050208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230819_050208_Chrome.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 45
Looks like they have the bms set to limit charge and discharge. Almost like it is a 15S configuration, but not quite... Likely the cells are B grade, and keeping them out of the peaks keeps them in sink...
I don't understand. Sorry this is all new to me

When they built the battery, they set it so it cannot discharge below 48V, and cannot charge higher than 57.6V.
Weak cells get way out of sinc when at either end of their bulk voltage.
But preventing you from fully discharging, or fully charging extends the life of the battery as well.
The reason your inverter is showing partial charge voltage is drawdown of voltage under load.
I dont think you have any problem.
Have you tracked Wh capability of the bank yet?

54.2 is only 3.38Vper cell, so not 100% can you hold charge longer? What parameters are your charger set to?

54.2 is only 3.38Vper cell, so not 100% can you hold charge longer? What parameters are your charger set to?
Look what happened. After the solar setup, I tried to charge the battery via grid but power went off a few minutes later. The battery percentage before the outage was about 70 or 80 ish. Then immediately after the outage, i checked battery percentage again and it was 100. So it kinda jumped from 70+ to 100. And now the voltage at 70 is now 100%, I think.
Now during subsequent charges, the CC notices the battery voltage is 54.2 and cuts off charging, then few seconds later, it starts charging again and cuts off. Maybe the BMS gave a wrong ceiling for the battery voltage. Which is why I asked if letting it discharge completely would recalibrate it.

The charge controller should never cut off charging. It should switch from bulk mode to float mode…
Float mode should be set above 3.4V per cell…
Sounds like the charge controller settings need adjustment.

The charge controller should never cut off charging. It should switch from bulk mode to float mode…
Float mode should be set above 3.4V per cell…
Sounds like the charge controller settings need adjustment.
When it gets to 54.2v, the charging indicator on the charge controller stops flashing and stays green, showing it's fully charged. Then few seconds later, it starts flashing again. My felicity battery and charge controller has absorption voltage of 57.6v, i didn't touch the settings on the charge controller. So i wonder why it stops charging on 54.2v
Weird.

I have a LBF24200S (24v system) and it bulk charges to 28.8v which would be 57.6v in your setup, then sits at 27.1v afterwards (54.2v), the BMS is showing 100%. I think it's normal for lifepo4 cells to rest at ~27v (54v) post bulk charging on float.

My normal operating range seems to be 25.2v - 27.00v (on load) before the voltage knees off either up or down. Which seems inline with the lifepo4 chemistry.

I don't think you need to worry with the 54.2v charge state.The cycling between fully charged and charging is normal floating.

any success to connect BMS between Taico Batteries and Felicity Inverter ? which protocal can be used ?

Your batteries are most likely bad. I wrote reviews on here about it. Same thing happened to mine. Opened them up and they are completely junk.

Hi, I have a new Felicity solar LPBF48200 battery and the BMS only shows 54.2v at 100% instead of 57.6v
My inverter shows the battery is at 81% even at full charge. So that means the BMS doesn't let the battery to charge fully.
Will a full discharge recalibrate the BMS? If no, what steps should I take?
some cells in yout felicity bank are probablly out of balance. this is 7 months after any update?. felicity has a 5yr no questions asked waranty. simply take it back to the felicity dealer and they will fix the issue

Back