diy solar

diy solar

Fusing Ecoflow DeltaPro with EG4 18Kpv Solar Systems: What Are Your Thoughts?

trdstarlet

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share my latest project/crazy idea with you all – a fusion of two different solar systems aimed at enhancing energy efficiency and sustainability. Before delving into the details, let me provide a breakdown of the components of each system:

Ecoflow DeltaPro:

DeltaPro Inverter: Qty 2
DeltaPro Extra Battery: Qty 4 (21.6 kWh)
Solar Input: Canadian Solar 450W: Qty 8 (2s2p) @1233W for each inverter
Ecoflow Smart Home Panel (V1)
EG4 18Kpv:

Solar Input: Trina 545W Bifacial: Qty 20 (only using 10 in series) for a total of 4.5 kW+
Battery Storage: Qty 4 EG4-LL Battery (48V) 5.12 kWh for a server rack, with plans to expand to a full rack later this year
Currently, I have the Smart Home Panel (SHP) wired into my main panel, providing sufficient coverage for my daily consumption about 2/3 of the time. I recently acquired the EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter to charge the server rack batteries and subsequently the EcoFlow system due to its lower input requirements (150V, 15-16A each inverter). Now, with the addition of the EG4 18Kpv, I'm exploring new possibilities.

I'm particularly interested in integrating the 18Kpv before the Ecoflow SHP to leverage its greater capacity and capability. This setup would allow the 18Kpv to charge the Ecoflow system while simultaneously powering loads when solar energy is abundant. Additionally, it would enable me to designate critical loads to the SHP while running heavier loads such as HVAC and water pumps on the 18Kpv.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the potential benefits and challenges of this integration. Have you undertaken a similar project? What insights can you offer? Let's brainstorm and discuss together!

Looking forward to your input!

Back