diy solar

diy solar

Giant post mount arrays

Ptom

Solar Enthusiast
The largest I've seen anyway, seen flying back from Nevada the other day. What puzzled me at first was their sheer size, which I first took to mean they were grid tying the closest farm house, but that farm house was quite modest for an array this size. Maybe for the irrigation pumps..., but then I saw another, and another, and for the next several miles saw more of them scattered thruout the countryside. Then it struck me, it was hard to see at first with the snow cover, but these 48 module pole mount arrays were all in the dead zones (odd ball shaped pieces of ag ground not covered by the big sprinklers) just outside of the pivot irrigation systems.

Attachments

• IMG_20221218_142842165~2.jpg
    IMG_20221218_142842165~2.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 33
Cool, I wonder if there was some program helping to put those up in the region?

I used to drive by a massive tracking array a couple times per week. It is just in an industrial parking lot.
Screenshot_20221220-192013.png

From the looks of them (all similar) I got the impression it was a commercial entity of some kind, which must get complicated, scattered across a large area instead of a standard "solar farm." Multiple contracts with the landowners etc. We also have a large conventional PV site, 2 axis tracked, a first for this area, in aptly named Power County. The landowner loves it, as compared to farming the same ground, much less hassle for him!

Back