diy solar

diy solar

Good LifePo4 Charger

nschizzano

What is a good LifePo4 charger? Its For a single 200ah Litime Lifepo4 battery. I want to charge it relatively fast from the gasoline generator when needed.

I was thinking keep it all Litime, they recomended their 40A charger. They are a pretty good company. But I read a couple times that the fan was really loud on that one. The 30A Victron also seemed good ofcourse. I don't care for the Bluetooth much. I have an Iota, those are good but I need one for LifePo4. I was also scanning something about Progressive Dynamics. Those seemed good. Any thoughts or comments welcome.

What is a good LifePo4 charger? Its For a single 200ah Litime Lifepo4 battery. I want to charge it relatively fast from the gasoline generator when needed.

I was thinking keep it all Litime, they recomended their 40A charger. They are a pretty good company. But I read a couple times that the fan was really loud on that one. The 30A Victron also seemed good ofcourse. I don't care for the Bluetooth much. I have an Iota, those are good but I need one for LifePo4. I was also scanning something about Progressive Dynamics. Those seemed good. Any thoughts or comments welcome.
I'm sure someone will have an answer for you, but you have to be specific on the battery voltage. 12v, 24v, 36v, 48v?

Okay yeah it's 12v

Yeah I don't need to or want to customize my needs, because I don't know what to do. Currently that is. It's already too much information as it is. All of it. Although, it is becoming a fun little hobby.

Victron seems to have good quality and quiet fan as well. They get hot but it is by design.

What would be the best amperage on the charger to charge the fastest and not sacrifice much life on the battery?

A 50a charger will be a .25c which is pretty healthy, but if a 100a beast existed AND you had a child you weren't particularly fond of that would be perfect.

On a budget though, any 12v auto charger with an AGM setting does the job nicely too.

Oh, they exist, they're just really REALLY pricy!

Fortunately, as I understand it, the first born child it costs doesn't have to be YOUR first born... 😁

How much damage will this one do to the 200ah 12v lifepo4 bat? And how fast will it charge it?

Oh, they exist, they're just really REALLY pricy!

Fortunately, as I understand it, the first born child it costs doesn't have to be YOUR first born... 😁
Is this one crazy? Is this one good? Too high amp? This price is very friendly!

RecPro RV Converter 125 Amp | RV Power Converter & Battery Charger | 4 Stage Smart Charging | 120VAC to 12VDC | 13V to 16.5V Operating Range https://a.co/d/8dYMiFK

The PD 80A charger looks good. They fixed their float voltage to a very reasonable 13.6V. Too bad their bulk charge is not programable.

RecPro RV Converter 125 Amp
The 3 output voltages are not very good, 14.6V likely too high and cause repeated cell over volt BMS disconnects.

The EG4 chargeverter may also be an option. I haven’t played with one yet but may be looking at getting one here shortly.

Back