diy solar

diy solar

Grade B vs prebuilt BYD

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
Trying to get my initial battery set up going. I’ll add more later either way. Ultimate goal is at least a 60kwh bank
Current goal: as much battery as possible for $5k USD or less.

2 current options prevailing:
33 (one spare) Envision 304ah cells for $89/ea and 2-EEL V3 304ah box kits with 200a BMS

Everything shipped to my door: $4450 for ~30kwh of storage

Second option: Watts247 has BYD 200ah 10kwh prebuilt boxes for $2500 each
It would b local pick up no shipping.

So roughly 5k USD for 20kwh
BUT I’m assuming these would be grade A cells and the labor is done

To throw a curveball into the mix Ezeal has 230ah grade A cells for 99 each. So I could DIY a with EEL boxes (USA shipping. Can’t find any seplos boxes already stateside) for about $4800

Am I missing options for stateside cells, kits, or prebuilt of 20kwh/400ah + under 5k?

I do see the eg4 vertical box, but it’s 4k plus tax and shipping for 15kwh and I don’t really need a lot of the features that cause it to demand that price. My power shed is/will be climate controlled and isolated from the house

Must say that so far I'm quite impressed by the envision cells

I build them in a seplos Mason ( or docan( aka eazeal) axiom, they are the same thing)
Build take about a hour and a half per box, rather set it, forget it

I build them in a seplos Mason ( or docan( aka eazeal) axiom, they are the same thing)
I’m leaning heavily this way. I’ve had them in my cart on the 18650 site for 2 weeks. Just waiting for that nudge to finish the purchase haha
I really wish I could afford to buy 80 cells in one shot ?

You bought those 305s from 18650 and no regrets? May drive to the warehouse today if that’s the case.

Getting very conflicting reports on these envisions some people are saying these are bad and 18650 will just stop carrying them while others are saying they are good.

Getting very conflicting reports on these envisions some people are saying these are bad and 18650 will just stop carrying them while others are saying they are good.
Tested 320+ here, no swelling , hold charge the same as my eve lf304's.

I would think based on my own cells, they are far better than de b (storage grade whatever they call it nowadays) eve cells I have, and at the low-end of charging just a tat worse than my certified automotive grade

Tested 320+ here, no swelling , hold charge the same as my eve lf304's.

I would think based on my own cells, they are far better than de b (storage grade whatever they call it nowadays) eve cells I have, and at the low-end of charging just a tat worse than my certified automotive grade
Thank you. These are even more
Tempting now.

Back