diy solar

diy solar

Growatt GBLI 5001 to Powerwall

2benz

Hi Everyone

I have five Growatt GBLI 5001 that i want to connect together to make one big battery of 24kw, all batteries are working and charging. i think i need to remove the current BMS and install another.

I have a 6kw Solis 5g Hybrid Inverter that i would like to use

what BMS would people recommend? each batteries has 14 packs inside.

20220416_194124.jpg

Thanks for your help

Hi Everyone

I have five Growatt GBLI 5001 that i want to connect together to make one big battery of 24kw, all batteries are working and charging. i think i need to remove the current BMS and install another.

I have a 6kw Solis 5g Hybrid Inverter that i would like to use

what BMS would people recommend? each batteries has 14 packs inside.

View attachment 91574

Thanks for your help
Hi 2benz.

Did you get your 24kwh system up and running? May I ask which BMS you might have installed. And does your inverter deal with it ok?

Thx, Tim.

Hi 2benz.

Did you get your 24kwh system up and running? May I ask which BMS you might have installed. And does your inverter deal with it ok?

Thx, Tim.
Hi Tim

I bought a Seplos BMS, I have read on other forum that a guy has used it with the Pylontech configuration on Solis Inverter, I am still building my battery need to reconfigure the batteries to 5 modules in Parallel and then into series.

I really need some help reconfiguring them to get it correctly done.

Thanks for info 2benz. I am beginning to think I've broken the BMS on my GBLI5001 (from what I've just read on another thread) or maybe it's just a temporary fault. So may have to try a 3rd party one. This is good as it will work with other inverters too like, you said with the Solis inverter, if they have battery capabilities. I can only wish you good luck with your project! But I am sure there are others on this forum that have the expertise to guide you. When it's finished though you'll be your own electricity company with 5 of those batteries hooked up ;)

2benz - 'Smart Azz' has made a couple of videos on Youtube about the GBLI5001 with faulty BMSs. He bought a Seplos BMS and in the comments for the video he says, "I'm working towards getting it up and running. Shouldn’t be much longer now." And he'll post another video installing it. That should be helpful, especially if it works.

Back