diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000 TL LVM Error 04 (but batteries @ 100% SOC)

MadSci

Read some other posts, but anything mentioning 04 seems to have to do with battery charge. I currently do not use the inverters (2 paralleled, single phase) but fire them up daily when I have sun. With my small amount of solar, I cannot use them and keep the batteries charged. They've been running fine until today. Here's what led up to the error: 1) Started up as usual & no errors; 2) Plugged in a battery charger which is supplied by A/C out from the inverters. Boom (figuratively)! They both threw 04 error.

I've tried shutting them down, then shutting down the batteries and finally cutting grid power to the inverters. Started up normally again and they both immediately threw the 04 error. The batteries were at 95% SOC, but I charged them up to 100%. I tried leaving the inverters off for approximately 10 - 15 minutes and restarting. Same issue - threw the 04 error.

Any ideas what I am doing or did wrong?

Aha! I forgot to say that I added a hub from Signature Solar to connect the two batteries. Prior to that, I was only connected to the slave inverter. Perhaps that's the problem? But the video on Signature Solar's website states the need for a hub if you are using two inverters.

If the inverters are paralleled and communicating properly, you can have the battery stack connected to the Master only and this could possibly take care of the issue as long as all the settings are correct.

Upon review, I see that I connected the hub to the RS485 port on the inverters vs. the BMS port. Once I made the switch the 04 error disappeared from the slave but remains on the master. Right now, I'm thinking that the cable is the problem but I don't have another to test.

OK. Now I'll connect the battery pack to the master. Now it's throwing 04 and 20 errors. Went back to original setup with it connected to the slave. It still throws 04 and 20 errors. Now I've attached it to the master and have both inverters and the batteries shut down. Will wait 15 minutes and try again. Thanks for the help.

After 15 or so minutes, I started the system up again with the communication cable attached to the master. It still threw the 04 and 20 errors. I shut everything down again, changed the cable to the slave and restarted. All errors cleared. It's a mystery why it works on the slave but not the master.

Update. Started up the system. Had the communication cable connected to both inverters thru the hub. Only the master thru the 04 error. And now the Growatt communication dongle says the inverter is disconnected.

New day. New results. Started up the system. Had the communication cable connected to both inverters thru the hub. both the master & the slave thru an 04 and a 20 error. The Growatt Wireless Monitoring Accessory still says the inverter is disconnected via the iPhone app. I had to reinstall it for it to work again. Is this because I shut down the inverter and there was no power to the WIFI dongle?

Error 04 is very common but can be caused a few ways. Batteries not charged is most common cause. Send in an email to tech@signaturesolar.com with pics of your battery voltage and how the batteries are connected to the inverter. They should get you the fix fairly quickly if you include enough detail like your inverter settings (related to the battery) and connection pics. DM me if you don't hear from them by 2 or 3 tomorrow.

Back