diy solar

diy solar

Hello. Ashamedly, a solar newbie. Advice needed about power stations and solar panels.

Solardeda

Ahoy, from England UK.
So, I've been planning for armageddon for about 3 years, even before covid! ;)
Been buying extra food, trying to learn some survival skills, even bought some crypto and precious metals. I had solar power in mind too, but never gave it much thought as I don't own my home (rent), so didn't think it was an actual option. So, just ignored that detail.
Then, very recently, discovered that you can purchase capable portable power stations.

Being a tenant/renter, my only option is to have solar panels in the garden. Luckily, I have a south-facing garden. However, as far as my research goes the problem with the best of these portable stations (EcoFlow delta pro, or Bluetti AC300) is that their solar input is governed within a specific range of watts and/or amps. For example, for the delta pro, you cannot use any combination of solar panels which exceed its input of 150 watts and 15 amps.

This is really annoying me, because as far as I can tell it's impossible to connect solar panels in my garden beyond approx a 1300 watt combined output without exceeding the input restrictions of any portable power station due to voltage or amperage limitations.

The AC300 can apparently accept solar input of 2400 watts and the delta pro 1600 watts, but what's the point if you cannot find any combination of solar panels that can feed those power stations due to aforementioned restrictions?

I'd really like some advice on this, because I still cannot decide which station to buy or which solar panels to buy. And I'm itching to buy something before the next crisis hits. The latest one is monkeypox and I may have it, as I'm definitely going bananas. ?

Back