diy solar

diy solar

Help with SolArk / Solar edge ac coupled stopped working

MikeSpeegle

Help I have a SolArk 15k / Solar edge ac coupled system. Tested new ac disconnect and ever since then my solar edge will not talk to SolArk any longer since I tested the AC disconnect by throwing the breaker. It’s on everything looks good it’s like it’s not seeing the SolArk as it’s grid so it won’t send the electricity. How do I get access or change whatever setting needs to be changed. He

Help I have a SolArk 15k / Solar edge ac coupled system. Tested new ac disconnect and ever since then my solar edge will not talk to SolArk any longer since I tested the AC disconnect by throwing the breaker. It’s on everything looks good it’s like it’s not seeing the SolArk as it’s grid so it won’t send the electricity. How do I get access or change whatever setting needs to be changed. He
I tested it’s getting 250v. I even tested the DC side in then 7600h and it’s 387v

It has to be a setting as it worked for 20 days perfectly until i tested a power loss. SolArk stayed on perfectly but edge shutoff probably because my batteries were almost charged. I have worked with SolArk. And it has to be a Solar edge setting but I don’t know how to get access to make a change. Or even what to do short of rewiring all my panels to SolArk and buying 40 x Tigo RSD devices

When grid connected, the Sol-ark is passing through grid frequency and voltage. If you are seeing 240v at the solaredge connection, my money is on a solaredge problem.

Did you power cycle the Solaredge? Heck, I would power cycle the sol-ark too.

Yep a few times and crazy enough I think your correct because I just got an email from Solar edge that they are sending a new one. Problem is my installer ie ripoff company does not know I am AC coupling to a SolArk and my battery array. Hmmm

Can I do that with a Klein tester? I know the frequency is an adjustment in the SolArk
You should be able to, the setting is probably labeled Hertz or Hz.

What does the Solar Edge inverter say? Does yours have a screen or just the app?

That looks like the SolArc screen not Solar Edge.
Edit: also, I'm pretty sure that setting changes some operation at 62 Hz.

If they're sending out an inverter, they probably have an idea on what failed inside the inverter. I posted but didn't notice that you had already said a new Solar Edge inverter was on the way.

Back