diy solar

diy solar

I need a non-solar battery charger! Regulated!

fastline

I seriously don't understand. We have a small forklift and need to charge an AGM 36V pack. Having massive current is not even that important, but I want it voltage regulated or even just adjustable. I can find them no where! However, as soon as we step into the solar arena, now every charge controller on the planet has settings for FLA/AGM/Li, etc. Can set bulk, boost, float, etc. I am about to just plug a POS 48V charger into a 36V solar charger just to solve a problem!

Anyone have ideas?? We are not going to spend $2K for a massive charger. We need 30-50A max. We use the fork about 1x/week for 30min.

I just bought the Victron IP22, it's absolutely amazing, but I bought it for 12v @ 20amp. I checked and found a 24v version, but nothing for 36v. I did find this one that looks like it would be suitable. Much more affordable than $2K! Good luck!

I didnt think the issue with golf cart chargers was that you couldnt get them.. I thought the issue was that they are overpriced for what they are.

Sounds like what you want is control.. in that case id suggest you just build something. Use the cheap 0-48v power supplies on amazon, send them through a cheap PWM scc that will recognize a 36v system voltage, and voila. <$100 to get 30a this way. Probably still under $150 to get 50a.

Back