diy solar

diy solar

ISOLAR-SMX-II-5.6KW dead after firmware update

as a result - returned to the old firmware - 6.17
The question remains - can the inverter mix panels and mains

as a result - returned to the old firmware - 6.17
The question remains - can the inverter mix panels and mains

Good to have tested, thank you for your feedback. I think there is firmware with and without battery but no mixing of PV and AC inputs. Chances are this inverter is built like the diagram I posted in the links below, if that's true then technically it's not possible to have a mix of PV and AC inputs .

As you tested firmware 6.35, can you tell us if a mix of PV and AC inputs was possible? (without battery of course)

I tried all the firmware with batteries
the inverter mixes the voltages, but the battery is constantly running.

There will be more sun - I'll try to disconnect the battery and leave only the network and PV. Mishiriet accurately, but it is not clear what role the battery plays in this
mixing checked by current between input and load

Hello. I run the GModusbus and this is the result.View attachment 135433
I want to mix AC with PV if possible. If not I think i am going to sell the inverter.
Hello. ISOLAR-SMX-II-5.6KP. I installed the 6.35 mixload software. Parallel options plus or 10 menus disappeared. Wifi does not connect either. Works without a battery. Mix the network with pv.

Hello)
I have 6.35 Worked with WiFi.
You may need to reload the logger. I'm currently txting firmware 63.3

Hello. Can you tell me how you did the sofware update? What program did you used, what are the steps? Thank you.

Hello. Can you tell me how you did the sofware update? What program did you used, what are the steps? Thank you.
Hello. In the topic. As described in the second post. Sleeper85 .(wifi unplug)

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_200832.jpg
    IMG_20230302_200832.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: SuB
Hello. I have updated the inverter to 6.35 version. The inverter restarted few times. I had to disconect from grid. Do you have the same problems?

Hello)
I have 6.35 Worked with WiFi.
You may need to reload the logger. I'm currently txting firmware 63.3
Hello there! Could you please inform me if the battery is continuously charging or discharging on version 3.17? I suspect this is occurring because, for some unknown reason, the inverter remains powered by the battery even when connected to utilities. I'm very interested in purchasing this model, but this is the only issue holding me back. If there's a way to prevent the inverter from discharging the battery during bypass, that would be truly amazing!

In bypass mode, the inverter continues to discharge the battery. I set the bypass voltage to 50V to leave enough energy in the battery for the inverter.

Hello, I recently bought an Isolar II SMX 5.5 KW which does not want to start without batteries, and the seller insisted that it works if the panels are over 270 volts. I didn't do anything and I connected panels to it over 400 volts and it still didn't want to work without batteries, it works in bypass mode and nothing is produced by the panels. Please help me how I can drive it without batteries, which program to use and which firmware and if possible links.
Thank you.

Hello. I will share my experience with SMX-II-5.6KW firmware. I tried all three firmware.
6.35,63.3 and 6.17
6.35 - kills the battery,
63.3 is a more gentle mode, but still a constant charge discharge.
With a load of 2 kW from the panels, there was a kilowatt and 1 kW from the network. and 12a from batteries. measured with current clamps at the input and output.
Hi,
I have firmware 6.35, could you share the other 2 versions?
Thanks

Hi,
I have firmware 6.35, could you share the other 2 versions?
Thanks

6.17 version

6.17 version

Thanks for reply!

I remember that original version of firmware was 2.08.
Do you know if there are difference between 6.17 and 2.08 ?
My inverter is Easun SMX II 5,6KP the firmware 6.17 is suitable for both KW and KP version of inverter?

Ciao !!

Last edited:
Thanks for reply!

I remember that original version of firmware was 2.08.
Do you know if there are difference between 6.17 and 2.08 ?
My inverter is Easun SMX II 5,6KP the firmware 6.17 is suitable for both KW and KP version of inverter?

Ciao !!
Sorry, I don't know.

Hello! I bought a SMX II 5.6 KW and i made a batteryless update. Needless to say that the inverter is dead. No display, just a red LED on the control board. With the USB cable I can see the COM port connected in device manager (CH410) but no further communication is possible. Does anyone managed to get this inverter working again after this type of situation? Is there a schematic for the control board anywhere? I see that is is a SRNE HFP4850S80. Control board DSP was version 2.0.8 by the label sticked to the DSP chip, but I couldn't find any other details online.
Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Cześć! Kupiłem SMX II 5,6 KW i dokonałem aktualizacji bez baterii. Nie trzeba dodawać, że falownik jest martwy. Brak wyświetlacza, tylko czerwona dioda LED na płycie sterującej. Po kablu USB widzę podłączony port COM w menedżerze urządzeń (CH410), ale dalsza komunikacja nie jest możliwa. Czy komuś udało się przywrócić pracę tego falownika po takiej sytuacji? Czy jest gdzieś schemat płytki sterującej? Widzę, że to SRNE HFP4850S80. Płyta sterująca DSP była w wersji 2.0.8, jak wynika z etykiety naklejonej na chipie DSP, ale nie mogłem znaleźć żadnych innych szczegółów w Internecie.
Każda informacja jest bardzo cenna.
Dzięki!

Hello!
I will ask you to share the program
iPower-nt-installer-2.1.2.0-220406203955.exe from google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/11AWEq5jPcdaS9uwVMGBvw7bos3DMkLIY/edit

it cannot be downloaded

Back