diy solar

diy solar

JK bms mounting position

With that style of JK, they are using dual wires which is quite common and completely ok, these Silicone jacketed wires can indeed carry the load and do so quite well. I have pushed things to the edges during the Thrash Test cycle where I pushed everything to the edge, including the BMS. Pushing in 200A through a single BMS only resulted in slightly warm wires as did drawing 200A both for an extended period (30 minutes each way). You are overthinking it....

As an FYI, my setup, the dual 7AWG wires from BMS are connected to 4AWG Silicone Wire. No "hot" spot on Butt connecter or terminals either (where you'd expect) everything was equally warm as it should be.

BTW: The New JK Inverter BMS comes with Dual Connectors and you pick your own wires. The game is changing up & fast.
1702375820635.png

With that style of JK, they are using dual wires which is quite common and completely ok, these Silicone jacketed wires can indeed carry the load and do so quite well. I have pushed things to the edges during the Thrash Test cycle where I pushed everything to the edge, including the BMS. Pushing in 200A through a single BMS only resulted in slightly warm wires as did drawing 200A both for an extended period (30 minutes each way). You are overthinking it....
As I do often do ?
As an FYI, my setup, the dual 7AWG wires from BMS are connected to 4AWG Silicone Wire. No "hot" spot on Butt connecter or terminals either (where you'd expect) everything was equally warm as it should be.
This is good to hear. The BMS is kind of sort of a temporary thing so perhaps I will leave well enough alone.
BTW: The New JK Inverter BMS comes with Dual Connectors and you pick your own wires. The game is changing up & fast.
View attachment 182410
Yup had my eye on that one for awhile. Sounds like JK has most of the kinks ironed out now. Thanks Steve.

Back