diy solar

diy solar

KEL-103 Electronic DC Load

Delphinus

Bought an RND320-KEL103 , you can find it with several names like KORAD, TENMA.

Besides the bad interface that requires a computer to know the capacity of a battery it seems solid, but until now I found 2 problems first is a bug in software, image you are testing a cell discharging at 15A and you already got 64Ah if you increase the current to 30A it will display a capacity of 128Ah, so until they fix the software don't change discharge amps on the fly.

Second, silicone cables look good but the fork terminals are very bad with high resistance that will mess your readings, remove them and crimp good cooper ones that can handle the 30A.

I couldn't found in the manual how to use sense port but is simple press shift + far end and it will get the volts from green plug in the back.

1670080483194.png

Last edited:
Wow, those get expensive when you want more power, We are about to get some funding for the academic labs and loading is often a problem. I I have a 60 watt and two 1000 watts Electronic loads but I could really use something like that to bridge the power gap. Not sure if I can talk the boss into getting a 300 watt model since he knows I would likely want it for calibrating DC power supplies rather than using it on a microgrid class project.

Wow, those get expensive when you want more power, We are about to get some funding for the academic labs and loading is often a problem. I I have a 60 watt and two 1000 watts Electronic loads but I could really use something like that to bridge the power gap. Not sure if I can talk the boss into getting a 300 watt model since he knows I would likely want it for calibrating DC power supplies rather than using it on a microgrid class project.
Over 300w the price is very high for DIY.
There are similar cheaper chinese options but not with lab features, warranty and prompt delivery, compare to them this one worth the cost.
For testing a full 16S pack is short because 300w are less then 6A.
But at same time good to find the weaker cells when the bank is discharged or test lead batteries.

Over 300w the price is very high for DIY.
There are similar cheaper chinese options but not with lab features, warranty and prompt delivery, compare to them this one worth the cost.
For testing a full 16S pack is short because 300w are less then 6A.
But at same time good to find the weaker cells when the bank is discharged or test lead batteries.
That is also something I look at when figuring out if a load will handle what I need. The current and voltage capability may often seem sufficient but that is the limits for each parameter, the total wattage capacity often comes up short. My 60 watt can handle up to 10 amps and up to 200 volts but the combination cannot exceed 60 watts and that is a problem when you are trying to calibrate a 30 volt, 3 Amp power supply. Also, buying from China is not allowed, or at least not directly. It's OK if the product has Chinese parts inside but we can't purchase made in China by a Chinese MFR....I guess it is a made in America thing.

Made in America is good and I also defend Made in Portugal but we have to be realistic, one time I recommend a Xiaomi phone because it allow to have 4 accounts and the replay from a person in America was I'm American I don't buy Chinese I buy Iphone (Made in China)
There are very good Chinese products the problem is the very bad ones and the culture of no business integrity.

Back