diy solar

diy solar

Kohler 12RES AGS Module - EG4 6000EX

ameyaonline

Hi everyone, I have an EG4 6000EX setup, 3 parallel inverters, 30kwh battery bank powering a completely off grid home (no utility power), just replaced the previous setup this summer with old inverters/AGM. I have Kohler 12RES Propane generator out hooked into the utility in of the inverters so I can manually start the generator when I need to charge the batteries and power the home at the same time. The previous setup was designed to automatically start the generator based on a parameters: incoming load, battery voltage. I want to do the same, well at least based on battery voltage. The Kohler 12RES has 2 control wires coming out of it from previous setup that went into the previous setup. Anyone has experience with this form of a setup or an AGS module I can hookup and program to auto-trigger generator? This is an critical step for Upstate NY winter months :-( Thanks in advance for your help and time.

While not familiar with the EG4 inverter model you have, I'd guess it has a generator auto-start feature. The user guide should answer this for you.

If it does, you need only configure it for a "2-wire start" scenario, as the inverter use guide lays out for you. Probably some programming of it's options to get it to play right with your Kohler gen. May also need to fiddle with the Kohler to put it into "auto" mode, if it is currently in "manual" mode (where you manually start it).

Hope this helps ...

It does have dry contact to signal and close the 2 wire signal circuit to kick start the generator, will try that and see if that works. Thanks.

Back