diy solar

diy solar

Las Vegas travel disruption due to F1

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
I guess this might not be the best forum in the world to ask for travel advice, but at least I’m in the off topic section!

All I keep reading about Las Vegas when I Google it is that the city is completely screwed at the moment due to the disruption caused by the construction in preparation for the F1 race. 2 hour taxi journeys to get not very far are being mentioned and all the famous sights are blocked off so you either can’t get to the fronts of Bellagio, etc or can’t see them if you do get there.

My specific question to anyone who might know, is how soon does this get solved? I mean I know the race is happening this weekend, but how soon can things be back to normal? The reason I’m asking - I’m considering visiting Vegas in a couple of weeks time and just asking myself if it would be a mistake.

If youre Max Verstappen youll get around real quick. Guy is a beast!

Did I hear right this was his 18th win? Most in any F1 season and most in a row, though by total wins and lifetime percentage Hamilton still tops. (103/331)

Its hard to say how long this race will endure. Residents not happy with the inconvenience, drivers and the teams not happy with the extreme tire wear and damage from the bad street surface and cold temps, and the worst wreck caused by the course itself.
I guess if the promotors make money the show goes on.

Not to mention that the time of it made it effectively unavailable to most of the US population. I understand wanting to do it at night but starting at midnight EST just doesn't work. That also meant it started at 6 am in Europe so not ideal for them either.

Well I went to Vegas, saw the show at the Sphere and enjoyed how over the top, excessive, bonkers (in a good way) everything on the strip in Vegas is.

I saw a few remnants of the F1 race, the podium structure in front of Bellagio still being disassembled, but didn’t suffer traffic hold ups so I was worrying for no reason.

I hope the F1 becomes a long term fixture in Vegas and the town benefits from it overall. I’m sure it must be controversial and I understand local residents not liking it.

My trip took in NYC, Washington, Vegas and San Francisco. A lot of travelling in just one week but reminded me of so many of the things which make America great (my first trip there in 15 years!) ??

Well I went to Vegas, saw the show at the Sphere and enjoyed how over the top, excessive, bonkers (in a good way) everything on the strip in Vegas is.

I saw a few remnants of the F1 race, the podium structure in front of Bellagio still being disassembled, but didn’t suffer traffic hold ups so I was worrying for no reason.

I hope the F1 becomes a long term fixture in Vegas and the town benefits from it overall. I’m sure it must be controversial and I understand local residents not liking it.

My trip took in NYC, Washington, Vegas and San Francisco. A lot of travelling in just one week but reminded me of so many of the things which make America great (my first trip there in 15 years!) ??
I'm glad to hear you had a good time! Is the ElectroDacus clone still working?

I'm glad to hear you had a good time! Is the ElectroDacus clone still working?
It’s working perfectly (Thanks!) :) The only thing it doesn’t do, which I would ideally like, is connection via network for remote monitoring when I’m away from home. Other than that it runs my system perfectly well and I‘ve added to the system over time so my whole home can operate basically offgrid during summer.

Right now it’s a bit dark and snowy out there, so no chance of even a watt hour today ?⛄ But odds of a white Christmas are looking promising!?

IMG_9195.jpeg

Back