diy solar

diy solar

led vs lifepo4

1860 amp/h @ 12v ?

That's 22.3kw/h

With it being lead acid, have you only be draining to 50%soc like recommend? 50% drain gives you a usable capacity of 11.2kw/h~

Youd probably do ok with 10kwh of lithium,

Reserve capacity is one part of the answer, but another part is charging rate? How many watts of solar will be available for charging this bank? With 1/8th of C ideal for traditional lead-acid, you should have had 1860Ah/8 = 233A of charging current. Is this really at 12V? What is your system voltage? I'm guessing that most likely you are not charging your batteries at an optimal charge rate.

In my opinion, 1860Ah, unless it is a whole-house system, is a symptom of poor design. If you need 1860Ah of storage capacity, how many parallel strings of batteries are you using to get that? Unless you are already at 48V, the first thing I would think is that you need to raise your system voltage? Could you please provide more details about your system?

I currently have 1860 amp hr led acid bank how big lifepo4 bank due I need to get same energy
Well…
1860 Ah of lead acid, likely Flooded lead acid, if used as directed should only be about 930Ah of usable battery.
I like to have a cushion with my LFP banks, down o 10% and up to 90%, so 20% extra, or about 1200Ah would replace what you originally had.

Back