diy solar

diy solar

Leoch Warranty - Not Honored

Esver

Has anyone been successful recently in getting Leoch to honor the LC-9820 warranty? They promised a four year warranty in their Indigogo campaign. However, when the unit I bought stopped working last month they claimed it was only good for two years. They didn't even want to offer any support by way of self repair.

I thought it would be safe buying from such a global company but I'd have to warn anyone else from trusting them.

Any ideas on what to do with this paperweight?

One thing you might try is filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB will generally try to contact the company for a resolution and in some cases the company, particularly if they are BBB Accredited will respond. BBB can be a good tool to get companies with poor support to at least respond.

Make sure the link I am providing is correct or internet search "Leoch BBB"

BBB - Leoch

You could also consider filing a complaint with the California Consumer Protection Bureau. The BBB website suggests they have a presence in CA.
Contact Information
20322 Valencia Cir
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 588-5853

CA Consumer Protection

You don't need to get into some long drawn out issue but oftentimes just filing a complaint will get the company to move.

Has anyone been successful recently in getting Leoch to honor the LC-9820 warranty? They promised a four year warranty in their Indigogo campaign. However, when the unit I bought stopped working last month they claimed it was only good for two years. They didn't even want to offer any support by way of self repair.

I thought it would be safe buying from such a global company but I'd have to warn anyone else from trusting them.

Any ideas on what to do with this paperweight?
Do you have paperwork or screenshots showing 4 years?

Do you have paperwork or screenshots showing 4 years?
Absolutely! I sent them the screenshots of what they claimed on Indiegogo where they released (and I bought) the product and another one on their Facebook page.

Leoch Warranty 4 years.pngLeoch 4 year warranty on FaceBook.png

The language used is "4-year battery warranty". Leoch refers to the complete unit as a solar generator, so unless the batteries have failed...

Last edited:
Back