diy solar

diy solar

LV6548V 500v for $815

I followed your link, scroll to the bottom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218-225929_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218-225929_Chrome.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 4
I have seen 2 versions advertised. One has a single 120A mppt and the other has 2 -80A mppts.

I didn't look at specs, but i imagine they have different pv input voltages between the 2.

The tried and true ones that originally got the name to be important was the 1st generation, the 250v variant. The 390v and 500v variant has still been reliable, but not as much so.

The only thing that holds me back from getting one as a spare is I don’t think it’s compatible with the first gen and the standby current is double on the new one

The tried and true ones that originally got the name to be important was the 1st generation, the 250v variant. The 390v and 500v variant has still been reliable, but not as much so.
Hi Lt.Dan, I'm thinking of getting two of these. Can you or anyone say any more about reliability? Thanks. Edit: This was, at one point, Will Prowse's favorite all-in-one from MPP Solar. I wonder if it still is? Thanks.

Hi Lt.Dan, I'm thinking of getting two of these. Can you or anyone say any more about reliability? Thanks. Edit: This was, at one point, Will Prowse's favorite all-in-one from MPP Solar. I wonder if it still is? Thanks.
I don't have any first hand experience with the 390v or 500v models. I can only say that I have seen more issues/complaints with them than the 250v models, but it shouldn't be a reason to stay away from them.

There are newer and better options available though, for a similar price, the 6000XP stands out as one of them.

Back