diy solar

diy solar

LVX6048WP AC Issues

Yeah you need a USB to serial converter. Cheap and normally easy to acquire.

Are you sure it's not supposed to be 240 volts input, you should be reading 240 between L1 and L2 and 120 between L1 and neutral and L2 and neutral.

I have access to a pc, and found a usb to ethernet cable , will that work ?
You need a USB to serial convertor, if your PC does not have a serial port. The software to update the firmware uses a serial port (COM 1, COM 2, etc.) to communicate with the inverter. There are two devices in the inverter with firmware that can be updated.

You need a USB to serial convertor, if your PC does not have a serial port. The software to update the firmware uses a serial port (COM 1, COM 2, etc.) to communicate with the inverter. There are two devices in the inverter with firmware that can be updated.
k thanks ! I got a email back from MPPSolar and they said if I'm not getting a code , it may not need a Firmware update ! I sent them a video of what Inverter is doing but have not heard back yet on that !

So Lucas Li from MPP Solar got back to me and told me to Enable #33 and #34 for the AC to work , I already had #34 enabled but not #33 , in doing so , now everything works the way I had it set up ! So now when I'm plugged in , the AC runs the loads , PV is charging the batteries , and when PV runs outer it gets dark , the AC takes over ! ALL GOOD ! No firmware update required ! Yet ! Thanks for everybody's help !

So Lucas Li from MPP Solar got back to me and told me to Enable #33 and #34 for the AC to work , I already had #34 enabled but not #33 , in doing so , now everything works the way I had it set up ! So now when I'm plugged in , the AC runs the loads , PV is charging the batteries , and when PV runs outer it gets dark , the AC takes over ! ALL GOOD ! No firmware update required ! Yet ! Thanks for everybody's help !
Thanks for the update.

I noticed that you were in off-grid mode and still waiting to use AC charging. So it seems that setting 33(gen as AC source) tell the inverter to expect AC to come in through the grid port. Not sure why setting 34 is needed.

Back