diy solar

diy solar

Massive Texas power outage

?

You're saying they're having 200 linemen sleep in a single conex?? I'm not getting what you're saying.
Yeah 3-4 racks tall head to feet, 8 hr rotations one 40 foot trailer can house 90 guys.

Sure it’d take multiple trucks but again when it’s a mater of pure bodies/damage to get the lights on it’s amazing what emergency preparedness preparations can accomplish.

I know NH crews responded to a Florida hurricane or two and were housed in this type of set up. When double/triple time is involved it’s amazing what these guys are willing to do (some just would rather sleep in their trucks.

Good to know you aren't bothered by it all that much.

it's more the fact that at least in this part of TX it's the same people doing the same thing, over over. With zero consequences. Apparently we live in an age where you can hurt other people and face zero consequences.

Don't have a license? oh that's fine
Don't have insurance? oh that's fine
Hurt people repeatedly by not following basic rules like red means stop? oh that's fine.
Caused multiple other accidents and injuries? Oh that's fine.

it's more the fact that at least in this part of TX it's the same people doing the same thing, over over. With zero consequences. Apparently we live in an age where you can hurt other people and face zero consequences.

Don't have a license? oh that's fine
Don't have insurance? oh that's fine
Hurt people repeatedly by not following basic rules like red means stop? oh that's fine.
Caused multiple other accidents and injuries? Oh that's fine.

Maybe those other people had something like this in an agreement somewhere online, and you didn't see it.

"The Customer agrees to full indemnification for Signature Solar henceforth from any legal recourse relating to and arising out of the installation of the products purchased by the customer."

Substitute "Signature Solar" for "human piece of garbage" and "installation of the products purchased by the customer" for "interactions with the human piece of garbage" and they've got an ironclad way out of responsibility for their actions.

After Texas we here in NW AR got hit by several large tornadoes over Memorial weekend. Power is still out to many (I was fortunate enough to not ever lose power) and likely not going to be fully restored for maybe weeks to some people. The amount of devastation was pretty intensive. My local Elec. Co-Op serves some of the affected area and this morning in a Email they updated customers with how it is going. So far they have replaced 1200 power poles! They did not have numbers on transformers or wire but it must be a freakin lot. Makes me boggle at how much work must be needed over all of it.

Does make me wonder with all the states being recently impacted by Spring disasters if there is short supplies of commercial electric components.

The folks that make treated wood power poles are going to be busy.

Back