diy solar

diy solar

My 18kpv doesn't have through-holes to fasten it to the conduit box?

nuke

So I've got it attached to the powerpro (not sure how the thumb screws work TBH, but whatever). The opposite plane has the knockouts for the 18kpv, but no way to run screws down for the 4 threaded nutserts on the conduit box. Did I just get an old 18kpv without the holes? No mention of drilling them myself or anything, which I could do but find it kind of annoying.

Also - related question - how is the conduit box grounded? I get that the powerpro has a dedicated grounding terminal, but am I supposed to scuff off the paint on the conduit box so that the fasteners ground it to the powerpro chassis? Or drill/tap a dedicated ground?

All metal boxes and equipment with electrical connections should be common grounded to single point ground stake. They should all have ground wire to grounding lug terminal screwed into metal box case.

Metal conduit does not qualify as grounding interconnect connections. Many times, conduit clamps and threaded bushing fitting become loose making poor connection between box and conduit.

All metal boxes and equipment with electrical connections should be common grounded to single point ground stake. They should all have ground wire to grounding lug terminal screwed into metal box case.

Metal conduit does not qualify as grounding interconnect connections. Many times, conduit clamps and threaded bushing fitting become loose making poor connection between box and conduit.
Yeah that's my point. There's no obvious ground connection on this conduit box

Ok well, for mechanical fastening I think 5 chase nipples with locknuts are going to be stronger than 4 m4 fasteners or whatever.

But still no idea how to ground the box itself. Maybe I'll just drill and scuff up the paint and bolt in a grounding lug?

Back