diy solar

diy solar

Need help with older Pace BMS

SilverFox333

Short story:

I need PbmsTools HS 2.0.0 or close version with a working password.

Long story:

I have a Pace BMS for my QH Technology batteries from 2019. I have been able to successfully communicate with it with my Windows 10 laptop and a ch340 based RS485 to USB adapter, using PbmsTools HS2.0.0 or PbmsTools HS2.0.3. Other versions have not worked (1.0.6, 1.0.8, 2.04, 2.10, 2.5 are the ones I've tried so far).

Only the RS485 port seems to be implemented in this BMS version. Even though there is an RS232 (6-pin RJ12) port, I've not been able to do anything with it, with any of the various adapters I've tried. For my RS485 setup, I need to set the DIP switches at 0000 (all down) or the software won't read at all.

I will need to change some of the battery parameters. Due to burnt connector issues, the BMS reduced the capacity parameter value. Now that the battery is working fine, I need to re-write the capacity value.

To do this, I need the password. I have tried all the common ones I've encountered like 00000000, 88888888, 123456, 12345678, 541800, vking, and so on. None have worked so far.

As I understand it, the password is stored in the software - not in the BMS. It is easy to change, if you have the old password. So that means that any software version I found online could have had its password changed. I think the password is stored in one of the db or data files in the software. So any battery company website with downloadable software can put whatever password in they want. I think it may be encrypted or hashed by SQlite, which I think is creating the software. It is, after all, a database program - reading and displaying all the battery voltages, etc.

So what I need is PbmsTools HS 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 with a working password. Does anyone have this or know where I can download it?

Thanks again for a great forum that has helped me get this far! Maybe someone else with an older Pace BMS will find my successes so far to be useful to them, too.

Back