diy solar

diy solar

Neey 10A active balancer help needed on wiring (No B+ pin? New model maybe?)

AshleyL

Solar Enthusiast
My Neey 10A active balancer finally arrived just now. To my surprise, this model doesn't have B+ pin after B24.
How do I install this particular Neey 10A balancer on my 16S Lifepo4 pack?
I understand that B- is connected to first negative and B01 - B16 will be connected to positive side of cell 1 - 16...........but all Neey manual and even Hankzor Aliexpress site displays there is B+ pin which supposed to connected to cell number 16 positive together with B16 in my case. I visit NEEY-electronic github and seems like there is only old reference stuff there.

Interface.PNGBalancer Neey.jpg

Then again, what with the www.neeybattery.com website url?
Do I just connect B- and B01-B16 while ignoring B17 - B24?

Yes, I have a 5A stand alone JK-BMS brand active balancer and it has the same pin out configuration with no B+. I took the cover off and there is power bus that runs from B24 down to B?? with diodes in between. So the last + cell provides power to the electronics.

My Neey 10A active balancer finally arrived just now. To my surprise, this model doesn't have B+ pin after B24.
How do I install this particular Neey 10A balancer on my 16S Lifepo4 pack?
I understand that B- is connected to first negative and B01 - B16 will be connected to positive side of cell 1 - 16...........but all Neey manual and even Hankzor Aliexpress site displays there is B+ pin which supposed to connected to cell number 16 positive together with B16 in my case. I visit NEEY-electronic github and seems like there is only old reference stuff there.

View attachment 181538View attachment 181539

Then again, what with the www.neeybattery.com website url?
Do I just connect B- and B01-B16 while ignoring B17 - B24?
Did you see the wiring scheme in the leaflet that came with your neey ?

Attachments

• IMG20231207144847.jpg
    IMG20231207144847.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Yes, I have a 5A stand alone JK-BMS brand active balancer and it has the same pin out configuration with no B+. I took the cover off and there is power bus that runs from B24 down to B?? with diodes in between. So the last + cell provides power to the electronics.
You mean once I connected it to my 16 cells, it will power itself up automatically and just let B17 - B24 empty? If so, that a great news. Will connect it next week and hope it works.
What is the minimum number of cell that I can power up this balancer by self-powering before a voltage booster or external power source is required?
Where can I find latest app for this balancer? It appears apk available at NEEY-electronic github is very old. HanzkorBMS sales page only has link to the github page.

Did you see the wiring scheme in the leaflet that came with your needy ?
There is no leaflet. Just the NEEY-24S10A and wires in the box. Bought from HanzkorBMS store. I refer to the aliexpress sales page and got confused about the B+ pin since the one that I received doesn't have it at all. I am worried that I need to purchase external power supply instead.

You mean once I connected it to my 16 cells, it will power itself up automatically and just let B17 - B24 empty? If so, that a great news. Will connect it next week and hope it works.
What is the minimum number of cell that I can power up this balancer by self-powering before a voltage booster or external power source is required?
Where can I find latest app for this balancer? It appears apk available at NEEY-electronic github is very old. HanzkorBMS sales page only has link to the github page.

There is no leaflet. Just the NEEY-24S10A and wires in the box. Bought from HanzkorBMS store. I refer to the aliexpress sales page and got confused about the B+ pin since the one that I received doesn't have it at all. I am worried that I need to purchase external power supply instead.
No, it will power itself if using above scheme which I photographed from my neey 10a balancer :)

Back