diy solar

diy solar

New PW to replace FLA's: LifePo / Tesla or ?

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
Good Day everyone !

I have just read through a lot of this forum after finding it via youtube and very valuable & handy info for certain. So here is my situation, I currently am running with a battery bank made up of 8x Rolls Surette S-550's in Series / Parallel for 24V which is set for retirement and I am looking to replace them with something obviously more current & efficient. DIY is certainly not an issue.

index.php

my current system diagram
I average between 3 to 4 kwh usage per day so I am looking to install 10-12kwh usable.
Have no 240V equipment and only use 120V with the heaviest draw being my Grundfos SQ5 Soft Start water pump which maxes to 1000W.
* Cost of course is a key critical consideration as funds are limited and this is an unplanned change *

Options being "pondered" at this time:
- Using Tesla Packs in 24V config (seems best option ?)
- Using LifePO4, either 16pcs 200Ah or 8pcs 400Ah
- Using prebuilt power packs (not like Battleborn of SimpliPhi ).
--- 2x 24v/200Ahr packs or 1x 24v/400Ahr ?
- NO consideration for FLA or 'fringe' tech.
- NO 'major' concern with buying from China
** Being in Canada = hassles, so less hassle = better, local/national would be optimal

The environment these will be located in is a separate building, independently heated and maintained at 10C/50F min. during winter.

Advice, Suggestions and Experiences are most welcome and appreciated. I am looking to start building this solution within the next 2 months so I have a bit of time to nail all this down.

Thanks
Steve

Back