diy solar

diy solar

Ouch! Step down converter.

Dieselstein

After the big update last night regarding the battery protect, I don’t see where the converter is implemented, yet it’s still in the parts list. I imagine it’s still necessary for my 12v loads (which most of them are)
I’m not certain where to wire in the converter into the relay based on the new schematic so
could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

If you want your DC converter to be controlled by the BMS in the same way the inverter is you would hook it in parallel with the wires going to the inverter, ie DC converter's + input goes to pin 87 on the relay, DC converter's - input goes to battery -. The current rating on the relay may need to be increased, ie ensure the relay can handle the full current for the inverter and the DC converter at the same time.

This isn't the only way it could be wired in, depending on the design of the DC converter, but it is IMO the gentlest to the BMS.

The only DC appliances I will have are high-efficiency LED lights, a 12 V refrigerator, Maxxair fan and diesel heater. I’m very new to this so If I’m understanding correctly, Those are all 12v appliances that will require that 24/12v converter, correct?

Yes, 12v devices will need to be run from the DC converter's output. I can't say if the LED light, fan and diesel heater use 12v as I don't know any of them specifically. You'd have to check the manuals for those devices if you don't know their input voltage.

If you don't have the manual but can provide a link to the product web pages I can take a look to see if the specs are there.

The only DC appliances I will have are high-efficiency LED lights, a 12 V refrigerator, Maxxair fan and diesel heater. I’m very new to this so If I’m understanding correctly, Those are all 12v appliances that will require that 24/12v converter, correct?
Could you provide the make and model number of your 12 volt refrigerator please? L haven't had refrigeration for six years and I plan on getting a fridge in the next twelve to 24 months but I'm gathering knowledge now! Thank you.

I should say that I am certain that all of my appliances are 12 V. I’m sure I’ll be making mistakes and/or have questions soon so I will be back. Thank you for your help.

Back